A Question

Bronze Member
Username: Sg11789

Post Number: 15
Sometimes my JL Audio W7 12 inch (hooked to the JL Audio 1000/1) hits incredibly . . . but other times i feel like i have a 10 dollar sub in my trunk. Is this because there's a bad connection? Should i take it to a custom install shop to have them look at it? Thanks for the help!

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 738
I would! a 12w7 run off that amp should never sound like a $10 sub. Something is wrong either wiring or the way you have it tuned. If you dont feel like you know what you are doing with it I would let a pro look at it.

Bronze Member
Username: Sg11789

Post Number: 16
yeah i have no idea what im doing to be honest, so thanks for the advice and i'll take it in this weekend.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 682
is it a ported box? if so the bass freq. might be below the tuning of the box, making it sound as if your sub is doing what im doingright now....f.arting. j/k, im not i swear. so if thats the problem just make or get a lower tuned box, something around 30 hertz and it will sound damn good (did you know we cant say f.arting legally)

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 214
lol thats odd hunter...maybe its somen to do with his battery..i dont know why it would be his connections...on and off randomly???...my friend had the same set up and sometimes when he starts the car the battery acts all ghetto and poops out on him...everything runs...but not well...its odd...osmen i dont understnand lol

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 214
lol thats odd hunter...maybe its somen to do with his battery..i dont know why it would be his connections...on and off randomly???...my friend had the same set up and sometimes when he starts the car the battery acts all ghetto and poops out on him...everything runs...but not well...its odd...osmen i dont understnand lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us