Help please

Bronze Member
Username: Nyck06

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 19
Hi, I know absoultely nothign about amps...
I am about to upgrade my car system, I've bought a new deck, component speakers, and a subbox which will be holding a 10" ROckford.
I need to know what kind of amp or amps, i need.
Keep in mind please that I want to keep the prices as low as possible.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 487
What are the rating's for the sub, ohm's, rms? Are you wanting a amp for your component's too?

Bronze Member

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 20
i have no clue about both of your questions
do i need one for them...
dunno

Bronze Member

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 21
All i knwo is that i got an Alpine 9833 deck, Phoenix GOld 6.5 comps, and a rockford sub not sure what model.

Bronze Member

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 22
anyone?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 691
ok nick, you will need 2 amps. 1 to run your sub and the other to run your 6.5s. the sub amp will most likely be a mono d amp. is your sub a newer rockford? does it say p2 or p3 or t1 or something like that. that part is very important, also the ohms are important. it should say on the box what the ohms are. and the rms. it will tell you both on the box. the comp amp will need to be a class a/b amp. basically it will have 4 channels,(or 2) do not GET A MONO CLASS D AMP FOR YOU COMPS, it will not sound good at all. i dont know much else about you system, but find out your ohms and rms on both your subs and your comps, ok? then well go from there

Bronze Member

Richmond, BC Canada

Post Number: 23
OK well for now all i know is that its an older rockford, someone is passing it on to me, but i will try to find out more about it

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 715
ok
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us