Problem with cd skipping when bass hits loud..

Bronze Member
Username: Jbz

Tennessee USA

Post Number: 11
The topic pretty much says it all..but anyways when I turn my bass up (with a remote gain control) the cd will skip when the bass hits but it doesn't skip when I have the bass turned down with the remote gain control...any ideas?

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 98
dont use your gain as a bass control...leave it a around the half way mark.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 463
is your radio mounted correctly? also, maybe try a cd player cleaner disc.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 733
I think he was reffering to the remote bass boost not a remote gain. Yeah I would go with what Zac said that is what would make sense. Who installed your deck? If you know it is installed correctly go get a cd cleaning disc.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 243
when the bass hits it makes your CD skip? its because the bass knocks the CD off balance and causes it to skip. happens to my stereo in my room.

Bronze Member

Tennessee USA

Post Number: 13
Well right now I am using my factory head unit/cd-player but I have a
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X679 head unit on the way...could it also have
something to do with the power because my lights dim when the bass is
up too...do you think a capacitor would help with that?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 851
your prob drawing so much power from your electrical system that the anti skip doesnt have enough power to not skip. Have you ever had a boombox(lol) low on batteries and the cd player skips constantly? its the same thing. You need a new alternator not a cap man.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 612
That's probably it. Right on James, whenever my portable cd player get's low, it skips like crap, even when it's not that bumpy. You gotta remember, it takes more power to spin the CD faster, which is all Anti-Skip is. The faster the CD spins the greater center of gravity it has and the harder to throw it off balance it is. But JBZ, it also does depend on how loud your system is. I guess the bass hits could throw your cd off a teeny bit, especially in a OEM CD player.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 854
yeah it could be a little bit of both. but he says his lights are dimming bad thats not a good thing.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 614
No, it's definitely not. I would worry about other things besides the cd skipping. It does depend on how much the lights are dimming, but too much stress on the electrical system can really damage stuff. My friend lost his alternator and blew some electrical stuff in his car from the same problem.

Bronze Member

Tennessee USA

Post Number: 15
Problem with cd skipping when bass hits loud..
So, do you think that installing my new head unit and a capacitor will
help? If not, do you think I should get a better alternator and/or
battery?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 866
alternator!

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 249
no its not that it spins faster. see if you take out the CD while its playing it would still work for about 30 secs. cuz it reads the CD only once every like 45 seconds. and when it needs to read it speeds up and slows down when it doesnt need to. if it had to constantly read the CD then it would skip whenever u would bump it like the old ones. you can try for yourseil by sticking something in the sensor hole and leave the lip open srick the CD in and watch it for awhile. then pull it out and see how long it still works for.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us