Question for the pros!

Bronze Member
Username: Spanky

Post Number: 98
ok soo i decided on buying rockford fosgate t1 12inch subwoofers.i have a 99 honda accord..the guy who worked at magnoila hi fi said thats hes tried at least 8 differnt accords and noone have them have succesfully worked because the battery in honda accords are 2 small and cant handle all the power the subs drain.. i have an eclipse 1100watt at 2 channels amp. the guy even showed me that they are too powerfull..he had them pluged into this dimond amp that was retailed at 900 bux, it was a 1200 at 1 channel i believe..as soon as the subs hit for a couple seconds the amp shut it self off like a safe mode and the subs stoped playing...is there anyway i can put these subs in my car with the amp i have without buying a seperate battery just to power the subs alone..if i do that its gonna cost me like another 400 bux and i dont wanna do that...all help is greatly apprechiated

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 479
Try a new alternator.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3246
It's the alternator and the battery. It doesn't take a lot of current to turn a 4 cylinder over, so Honda doesn't put huge batteries on their cars, and they tend to make their alternators where they will just put out the amount of power needed for the car in it's stock state. Alternator first, then batteries/capacitors.

Bronze Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 37
I got a battery and a isolator and for 160 i got the battery and for 125 i got the isolator which is a 200 amp isolator i think of it as a mini alternator but it charges the extra battery that you get in your trunk so it doesnt take any power from your car battery or your car alternator.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us