Question for jonathan

Bronze Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 33
I have 2 jl 12w6v2's in the jl sealed box that it came in. However i whould like switch to a vented cause i want more spl and decent sq. Now I found a ideal box at http://www.subzoneusa.com/2004_zv-series.htm the model that they recommend for the jlw6v2's is ZV212-1538. Its set to 38hz and its 1.5 cu.ft if you check the link. Jl recommends http://www.jlaudio.com/subwoofers/12w6v2.html

What do you think?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 706
did you call that # I gave you yesterday? They would know and you would have this solved in about 2 minutes.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
not yet james

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3239
I'd stick with the JL box, it offers a lower tune and is a better overall SQ/SPL box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
jonathan you had mentioned in the other thread i had on here that i should have a slot ported box built to JL specs and i whould get 6 decibals more. ? Im trying to get more spl from this setup

Bronze Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 36
If you have a Audio store nearby have them get all the specs info from the JL w6v2 manual and have them make u a box with all the right specs that way it will be exact and you'll hear the best of that speaker

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3243
Yeah, if you had 2 sealed W6v2s and put them in a ported box, you'd likely see around 6db of increase.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
ok thanks. This is what i whould want it sized correct? Ported Enclosure Range: 1.25-1.75 cu.ft. (35.4-49.5 liters and what freq. should i have the ported box set to??
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us