Need help

Username: Jaywolf

Post Number: 1
I got a 12 inch sony explode speaker and about a 800 watt amp. When i turn the settings on the amp all the way up my speaker starts to thump like crazy and the amp light flickers. Also when i turn the volume all the way down it will still thump like it is playing music. I then have to adjust the settings low enought where it wont thump while the music is off. i was wondering if there was anything i could do to get pull power into my speakers with out the speaking making the distorted noise. If anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated

Post Number: 3
I got another question. i said my amp was pushing 800 watts because it sounds just as good as my friends 15 inch speaker and he uses 850 watts. Its a phoneix gold Qx 2350. if anyone knows the actual amps it pushed i would like to know.

ty

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 282
PHOENIX GOLD QX 2350 2CH 2x125 W RMS. 1x350W RMS

Check your RCA cables maybe they are bad. Unplug the rca's from the amp and see if it stops. If it doesn't then check your ground connection and power wire. Also maybe you are overloading the amp. What kind on head unit do you have?

Post Number: 4
To tell u the truth i dont even know what a head unit is. I do know that when i pull the rca cables out the music amp stops. I only have 1 rca wire hooked up becuase the other port is messed up but it still sounds fine

Post Number: 5
lucas basically my amp is a pos 320 watts isnt nothing lol it was free thats the only reason i am using it.... but i am only pushing 1 12 inch sony expode speaker

Post Number: 6
just found out my head unit is kenwood kdc-205 50x4 max watts

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 290
Pull the rca's out of the amp again and turn the amp all the way up. When you pulled out the rca cables from the sub amp did the thumping stop? If so try replacing the rca wires. The rca wires are probably picking up noise. You should use shielded rca cables. Does it matter if the car is running or not? Does the thumping stop when you kill the engine and only have the accessory on? The head unit is probably not the problem. Let me know.

Post Number: 7
yes it does matter if the car is running or not. sometimes when i dont crank the car the amp + bass sounds fine. and as soon as i crank the car i hear lots of distortion and my speaker goes haywire

Post Number: 8
i think its the rca cables ill try buy new ones and check em out and let you know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us