Another annoying problem

Username: Sg11789

Post Number: 9
I have one 12 inch JL Audio W7 hooked up to a JL Audio 1000/1 Amp in a Lexus RX330. I haven't added or changed anything else. In the hood of my car there is of course the wires from the amp that hook up to the battery. At the end of my wire in the hood there is a little box with a red button that says "reset." Next to that button is a little plastic lever. Occasionaly, at random times, my sub and amp will just shut off. I was told by the installer that when this happens i should simply go in the hood and press the lever back down. Except this isnt so simple at a red light. Is there anything at all i could do to end this nuisance?? All help is appreciated!

Username: Legionstdotcom

Newtown, Pa U.S.A.

Post Number: 4
have someone who knows how to install car audio equipment install it

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 683
why is your power wire run through a circuit breaker?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
gentlemen i have no idea about this stuff . . . i bought my subs at a custom install store and had the guys at Best Buy install it. Any ideas of what to do now?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 687
ohhhh ok there is your problem. Dont ever ever ever have anything installed at best buy or circuit city I dont care if its your wife's cousin dont do it! Go to a local audio shop they can fix it in a few minutes all you need is a in-line fuse holder and a fuse. 100 amp fuse should be good for that amp That box needs to come out.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 558
First, never have stuff installed at Best Buy. Secondly, I am wondering the same thing as James. Sounds like a circuit breaker to me. They should have just put an inline fuse. I have a feeling the circuit breaker may be a little bit too small, and trips occasionally.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
alright thanks a lot for the help! i defineatly will take it to a custom install shop where i know they'll do the job right - but the gentlement at best buy said one more thing that might help explain the problem - the guy at best buy suggested that i buy a capacitator. He actually said i'll eventually need that. what the hell is that? thanks again!

Anonymous

sounds like that circut breaker is too small for the load the amp draws.

look on the side of the "box" and see what Amperage its rated for. If its under 120A, that is prolly your problem.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 690
no you dont need a cap. Dont listen to anyone at Best buy......EVER!

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 455
A cap won't help a thing! lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us