Sub Choice Help!

Username: Qalien

Springfield, Illinois USA

Post Number: 1
I am looking for a sub or set of subs that can handle the power of an old school Orion 2100 HCCA amp. If I remember correctly this amp will do close to 2000w at 1ohm (anyone know this for sure?). What I'm trying to do is find something that won't be ate up by this amp. I'm looking to use a sealed box and I prefer 10" subs as I like tight, accurate, controlled bass more than big boomy bass. Any suggestions? What I've seen so far would be something like Brahma, Orion H2, or Audiobahn. I listened to some Audiobahn today and they seemed rather messy, though that could have been the room we were in, the enclosure, and that specific model.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 452
two DD3512 dual 4 ohm. run the amp at 1 ohm mono, which equivelent to 1/2 ohm stereo, which is the load amp was intendend for.
d4 parallel= 2
d4 parallel= 2
2 + 2 parallel = 1 mono (1/2 stereo)

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 671
I would like to run a Treo SSX 15 off that amp someday.

Post Number: 3
Both great suggestions, but neither are 10". Anyone think of anything else?

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 456
ok, DD3510 d4's

Post Number: 5
Any opinions on possibly three 10" or 12" Audiobahn AlumQ's? 6ohm DVC with all three would give me the 1ohm I'm looking for. Anyone heard these before and know if they are clean?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 205
audiobahn is ok for begginers in the car audio world, but if yuore running an amp that is that high quality build, dont buy those audiobahn subs. The subs that zac mentioned are top notch subs. RE X.X.X's are excellent, adire audio brahmas,eclipse ti's diamond audio tdx.s and much more

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 950
i swaer if you run audiobahn subs off that amp you're gonna anger alot of people on this board...thats a high high quality amp...get a high high quality sub and use it to its potential, dont get 3 audiobahns just because you think it'll look cool, no amount of audiobahn can make a bad system any good.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 816
yes Jeff is soooooooooooooooooooo right. That is possibly one of the best amps ever made. Do not I repeat do not buy audiobahn! I would run 2 REXXX 12's or 2 ID max 12's or 2 Eclipse Ti 12's or 2 adire Brahma 12's or 2 treo 12's or DD3512's and thats about it for 12's that can handle that power. I am sure there are a few more but any 1 of those subs let alone two of them would completely desimate those audiobahns

Post Number: 6
It has nothing to do with looking cool. It's in the trunk. It can look like a pizza faced teenage punk for all I care. I'm looking for SQ, not SQL, but I'm also looking for something that isn't going to be eaten by that amp. I think I have already decided that the RE Triple X (stupid filter) is what I'm going to use, but I just have to find some place that has them in stock.

Post Number: 7
I meant SPL not SQL...

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 822
www.reaudio.com is about the only place you will find them. may I add GOOD CHOICE :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us