Buzzing Sound

Silver Member
Username: Malby7

Post Number: 163
So I added a capacitor to my system and now my JL Audio 500/1 mono amp is making a high pitched buzzing noise? It only occurs when the sub is connected by the remote wire. If I take the remote wire out it stops doing it. Anyone know what it is?

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
Anyone?

Silver Member

Post Number: 165
Ok I tried moving the grounds around; nothing happened. I tried taking the capacitor out of the circuit; that didn't do anything. I'm lost here guys. Can someone please help me so I can reconnect my subwoofer into the system?

Anonymous

check if your rca wires are not close or touching your power wires.

Silver Member

Post Number: 166
I went out again tonight and fiddled around with the system. I tried moving the grounds around, I tried disconnecting the RCA cables, and I tried removing the capacitor again. What did I achieve.....NOTHING! I noticed though that it only does this buzzing when the car is running. The 4 channel JL amp is hooked up the same way and it works perfectly fine. Also when there's a bass note the buzzing goes away for that note then comes back when there's no bass. I'm wondering if there something wrong with my amp? Should I take my amp to a JL Dealer and see what they say?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 788
if you have another 4 chanel amp laying around hook it up and see if it goes away. I had a alpine v12 4 chanel that worked great in one car and then I switched it to anohter car and it had engine noise after trying everything else because I never thought it was the amp because it had just worked great in another car. I switched the amp with another amp and whalla it was the amp picking up the noise. So you never know. If you cant do that bring it down to your local shop and see if they can swap an amp in to see if it does anything.

Bronze Member
Username: Krijgy

Smithfield, Virginia United states

Post Number: 58
i had the same problem and i fixed it by running my RCA and Remote wire down one side of my car and my power wire down the wother side of the car. the power wire is supposed to "mess" with the signal that the rcas carry, especially when the car is started and or your reving up your car. i would try this if it is not already done.

Username: Firni7845

Canada

Post Number: 1
hi guys, i have mtx 1501d amp running 2 mtx 8000 15" subs with a 0 gauge power and groud wires. i want to add a 4 channel amp to power up my speakers. i have mtx 684 a brand new amp but i cant get it to work. i mean it works and everything but i get this loud noise from my speakers. i believe its the altnator noise, when i rev it goes up. u know what i mean! i took it to futureshop to install it but they couldnt get the noise away and they blamed the amp. before mtx 684 i had a used mtx 1004 4 channel amp and they said that it was the amp so i thought maybe i got jipped by the guy who sold it to me and i ended up selling that amp. but when i sold it the guy who i sold it too said it worked perfectly in his car?? then i bought a brand new mtx 684 and im getting the same problem. could anyone help me out??? what is the problem? i would love to install but i cant get the noise away. i have stinger 4 channel interconnects 'hyper' series. is there anything wrong with the rcas?

any help guys??

Thanks

Anonymous

i'm sorry to hear that farhan. I also had futureshop install my amp and when I got the car back there was a lot of noise and interuption. I checked all the wiring and when I lifted up the back seat, the rca, the power wires and the remote wire were all jumbled up in one big pile. soo I moved them all around and orginized them so they don't even come close to touching. I even moved the ground wire to see if it would help.

on another subject the installer didn't even set the gains and filters right so my system sounded like crap. I had to learn myself and set everything right.

after all this, It finally sounded free of noise.

To make a long story short, I'm never going to futureshop again for my car audio needs again.

Username: Firni7845

Canada

Post Number: 3
yes futureshop really dont know anything. they have lil kids working there and they perform what their boss told them too. and they rip you off like they've done some amazing job. i went to install my 2 amps they charged me 300 for it. waste of time and money. once they cant fix the problem they blame the amplifier, the easy way out, 'oh there is something wrong with ur amp'.

Anyways, thanks anonymous, i will try moving things here and htere and see how it goes. i did get lucky once and the noise went away but it came back in a day.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us