Please Give Me Your Opinions

Bronze Member
Username: Dustin507

Post Number: 25
Hi, I am currently running 2 12" Alpine R Types running of a Boss amp. (yes, I know) My girl friend wants a system she knows little to nothing about car audio just wants a little bump. So, in deciding what to keep and what to give to her, what would do better SPL-wise in the right enclosure, a 2 12" R types or 2 12" Rockford Fosgate Punch Hx2's. Lemme know what you think guys, thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Xxkmfdmxx

St. Petersburg, FL USA

Post Number: 320
I'd go with the Type-R's. What kind of Boss amp is it? Even though its BOSS, Boss does have some pretty decent amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Dustin507

Post Number: 26
really? I have heard that the rf's will get higher SPL, which is what i want.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 396
Keep the Type Rs and get an mtx or jbl 600 watt amp off ebay, anytime you make a lateral move (although id rather have the type rs) its a loss with stuff like this because you cant sell used stuff for what you paid

if she just wants a little bump you could even sell one of the type rs or trade it for a decent 300 watt amp and slap the one type r in a spec ported box

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 466
The hx2's will have more spl, but they won't have the sq as the type R's will. Sense it is going in your girls car, I'm guessing sq will be better.

Bronze Member
Username: Kenny_hammond

Post Number: 51
man it dont matter what anybosdy tells you the damn hx2's suck and the type r's kick a$$ i would git the type R's i had to hx2's and to 10's would deff outplay them hands down!

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 469
Exactly, don't listen to what anyone tell's you!
The hx2's will be louder, no question about it!
I've heard the type R's, they sound good, not as loud though.
I have 2 hx2's with 400 watt's to each, I will garantee they will git louder, they may not sound as good, but you wanted spl.
The type R's are a good sub, it won't be a big difference if that is what you are thinking.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 673
the type rs will give you better sound and will on the same level as loudness as the punch hx2s a jbl 600.1 would be a great cheap amp to run just make sure the impedence of the amp and the sub(s) coincide.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us