Cu. ft recommendation for 2 eclipse?

Toms Da Man
Unregistered guest
I have 2 12" Eclipse SW8122.4. Im looking to put them in a sealed box. I need to know what cu. ft per chamber I need for these subs to have good spl and have great sq. I also am putting them in a 91 Grand Marquis. Whats yalls option for placing them in the trunk? Upwards, twords the front, rear, or on the upper deck (where the spair tire sits)?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3211
Usually pointed toward the rear works best, sub box close to the rear seat. With those subs I usually went with around 1-1.25 cu ft gross, they're small sealed box subs.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3213
Usually pointed toward the rear works best, sub box close to the rear seat. With those subs I usually went with around 1-1.25 cu ft gross, they're small sealed box subs.

Toms Da Man
Unregistered guest
I have them facing twords the front right now. They sounds pretty good.. When I have them facing the back the trunk rattles way to much, along with the whole car. I got dynamate in the whole trunk and doesnt seam to really help at all. Also where can I get my spl check at?

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3216
A lot of car audio shops have a meter, you can call local places and check around. They'll do a metering for a price.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us