How to choose my Amp

Username: Chris7891011

Post Number: 1
To skip the details just read the last line of the post... for an interesting story read the whole thing

Alright I really know VERY little about car audio systems. VERY LITTLE. I know enough to when I see big numbers and a lot of chrome I immideatly assume its a good product (lol). Thats why I bought a pair of Audiobahn AWP312T subs. I probably should have researched them a little before because I now know that I could have a better sub for a lot less cash. Oh well... live and learn I guess. I plan on keeping the subs.

Now, to make a long story even more painful I have no idea on what I should do about an amplifier and the rest of my system. At the moment I want to just hook up my Subs and get myself a custom box built. Before I get the box built though I would like to find out what amplifier I should get. I would also like to know how to wire it because even after reading a lot of info about it I am still lost.

Quesiton: What amp works with the Audiobahn AWP312T subwoofer? Here is a link to Audiobahn's website for the specs. http://audiobahninc.com/frame2004.html
How Should the subs be wired in order to produce the best SQ and SPL?

Post Number: 2
Ok since I have yet to recieve feedback here are the specs so you dont have to waste your time going to audibahns site.

Power Handling (PEAK): 2400W
Power Handling (RMS): 1200W
Voice Coil: 6" Dual 2 Ohms
Operation: 1 Ohm or 4 Ohms
Frequency Response: 20Hz-1kHz

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 652
I would recomend two JBL bp1200.1's and run them both at 1ohm. You are also going to need a new alternator as well with that amount of power.

Post Number: 3
Yah I figured I woudl need a new alt. What is the differance between the JBL GTO1200.1 and the bp1200.1? Here is a link to an ebay auction selling a GTO1200.1 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5750592091 %26%26

Post Number: 4
Also if anyone has any other ideas that would work I am more than interested.

Post Number: 5
Its actually the JBL GTO1201.1 I dont see much 0f a dif. after looking at the specs but I dont know for sure
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us