Tune Frequency

A.C.
Unregistered guest
yea, i have a FUBR-12 power acustik sub with the following speficities* 200 oz magnent 1800w max , 700w rms, 200oz magnent, dual 2 ohm voice coil.
i have it in a sealed 1.0 cubic foot sealed box, with it hooked up to a sry nitro 1200w ~350w rms amp. QUESTION IS: what should i put the HPF and LPF on. thing is i would like to get the most bass with the cleanest sound. plz some one answer this seems like no one likes to answer my questions.

mattie
Unregistered guest
HPF= high pass frequency....LPF=low pass frequency. Basically it is a croaaover for high freqs. and low freqs.. I would assum you know where at on the frequency spectrum bass plays at, bass is uauslly low and the singing and most insturments are usually your highs. So you would be right in saying that you want to put it on the LPF. Not trying to accuse you or anything but your manual should have atleast explained the basics as well. Although I dont know what a sry nitro amp. is!!!

A.C.
Unregistered guest
Thank you "mattie" but i already knew what HPF and LPF meant. THE QUESTION is however what would some of youll suggest me putting the frequencies on. One other thing is that i can adjust the frequency on the amp (duh) but i can also adjust the HPF and LPF on my radio from like 78Hz to like 125Hz to OFF. To me this is very confusing. I listening to rap, and techno mucica in general so if someone could plz tell me what i should do with these frequencies that is on my amp and on my radio, THANK YoU!!

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 712
ok you have two x-overs for your LP you need to disable one of them. I would turn the one on your amp to full range or off and use the LP on your head unit and turn it to somewhere between 63-80 whatever sounds good to you.

A.C.
Unregistered guest
actually i have two X-overs for HPF and two X-overs for my LPF. let me clear this up on my head unit i can only configure each frequency to 78Hz or 125Hz or OFF NOTHING in between. currently i have on my amp the LFP filter turned off and the HPF filter turned on so that it filters all frequencies above ~67Hz. BUT I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH MY HEAD UNIT.!!

A.C.
Unregistered guest
well thanx every body for HELPING ME OUT!!

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 784
well you want your subs 20- 80 htz and your mids and highs 80htz and up to 20,000htz

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3257
That 78hz LPF will perform best, and then you should disable the crossover on the amp. I'm assuming the HPF you're talking about is for component speakers, usually (depending on crossover slope) you should set the frequency above the one you used for the sub, in your case, 125hz. If the HPF you're talking about is a built in subsonic filter, then you don't need it unless you're using a ported or bandpass box, in which you'd set it closest to the frequency that your box is tuned to (I typically go half an octave down).

A.C.
Unregistered guest
hey James Logo i want to ask a question. i set the amp to filter out frequencies higher than like 70Hz and my speaker really sounds like crap. i mean there really isnt any disortion but it just doesnt hit hard. I know for a fact that it isnt the speaker becuase it is a high preformance 1800w max speaker (power acustic 12") but i dont know if its the amp or what cuz i used to have sony xploid speakers and they sounded WAAAYYYYYY better so am i just doing something wrong with the frequencies or is it just the amp maybe is it a peice of crap???????!!!! problably

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 860
well what is a "sry nitro 1200w ~350w rms amp"? I have never heard of it. chances are its the amp, although your sub isnt the greatest either. dont mean to be harsh just tellin you how it is.

A.C.
Unregistered guest
well actually the sry nitro amp is a Nitro amp from germany. also i have gotten a different sub(s). I know need to know what freqeuncy i need for 2 15" kicker C15 subs. that is what should i set the HPF and LPF to on the amp. ThAnK yOu
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us