Kenwood amp. blows fuse

mattie
Unregistered guest
I have a kenwood 2 channel amp. kac728s with years of reliable use, ran it bridged to 2 subs at 2 ohms
.Then bought a kac7201 last year, used that amp to run the subs and the 728s to run the door speakers. I looked at the box for the 728s and it said it was reliable to run it 2ohm per channel, I was leary, so I hooked up 2 speakers to each channel for 2 ohm per channel for a 4 spaeker setup. So it ran good for awhile, then all of a sudden it blows the fuses on the 728s amp all the time ! I ran both amps with no problems for a few months till I tried the 4 speaker set up. I have a power wire running to the trunk, then a 1-2 splitter for the amps.Each amp has its own ground and are identically grounded to the side of the car they are on. Any suggestions? I think the amp is toast personally. I really like the kenwood line,have had the car amps, only switched out the older head unit,kdc6003,because it would not play rewite cds and a home receivers pretty good units for the price but obviously not top notch! Ive had these items for at least 6 years.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us