Look if U dare

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 125
as of now I have a 15" x.x.x. in a 4.3 cube ported box tuned to 29 Hz and it sound so f#$ken awesome.Does anyone know if a snailshell enclosure will make a considerable difference in output,louder or what? what is so special about this snailshells? First 10 people to answer get a free gift

p.s. what ever happened to Glasswolf ?

Silver Member
Username: Avalanche

Post Number: 113
It's a transmission line with a compression chamber and a throat.

I am not sure if it would or not. It is a precise instrument of bass per woofer.

And about Glass I asked the same question myself a couple of days ago.

Silver Member

Post Number: 114
U know I currently have a Treo SSX 15 that I would be interested in trying a SS box with. It could turn out to be a fun set up.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 630
Yeah I was interested in doing snailshell with my Brahma as well.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 653
yes it will make it a good amount louder, and it is a little more complicated then a t.l. box, or a folded horn. every box is designed for that individual sub, at least the new ones are. it will get loud and they are also supposed to sound very clear too. if you ahve the money i would invest in one.

Username: Orange93

BF , Idaho

Post Number: 3
What is an ss box like? I've never heard of one. Do they look like a shell or something?

Silver Member

Post Number: 120
Dr Max what happend to the price. You promised.

Silver Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 126
C'mon, I really hope you did'nt believe me.What can I possiblt give you guys ? my sweaty boxers that I'm wearing now :-):-)

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 664
damn thats what iwanted too. :-( you crushed my dreams.....dr.

Silver Member

Post Number: 121
LOL that is kinda sick but I was just hooping you would atleast say if we answered your question or not.

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 665
yeah i can tbelieve that orange93 has never heard of a ss box........thats what you wre talking about right? yeah did we answer it? heh? heh? heh? heh? heh? heh?

BabyBrock
Unregistered guest
I ordered a snailshell for my 12" RE MT.

John Nolte, the head engineer told me that a combo such as the one I will have soon is a force to be reckoned with.

I told him "My MT is crazy loud and deep". He replied, "I have some MT's here in regular 'optimum' enclosures recommended by RE and others in Snailshells. Trust me dude, you don't know what loud is yet. When you get your snailshell, you will find out. Start reinforcing your car now."

Silver Member

Los angeles, Ca Usa

Post Number: 127
yo Babybrock is that MT louder than the x.x.x.? and whats the price? for a 15'?

Username: Armedforglory

FL U.S.

Post Number: 1
GlassWolf is busy on caraudiocentral.net, he is a moderator over there, so he tends to hang out on that forum more often.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 209
oh ok...but whats up with these snail shell..idk about them... lol....but will it improve my ten inch al noticibly..how much are they?

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 898
www.powered4sound.com I believe they are like $300 custom made to your woofer.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 216
is there anythingt tahts really intricate about a snail shell...you guys think i could build me own???

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 748
very intricate. a folded horn i think you could build, maybe.....:-) giving you a hard time. a folded horn is the old ss. but now they are built to meet a specifics subs needs. thats why they are so exspensive. there was a site where they took one apart, i dont remember it though

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
that 2 6 1/2 snail shell video was awsome... 200w
but those boxs are kinda big but o well.
personly id like 1 15" X.X.X or Brahma in a Snail shell id try to stealth install that.
lets see that box weigh's close to 80lbs.(UPS will hate that if ground,$80 shipping i belive) and cost is $325 BUT built perfectly to sub specs, i think its worth it.

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 903
yeah me too I am thinking about one for my Brahma everyday!

BaByBrOcK
Unregistered guest
DR MAX....

The MT is RE's loudest sub. It will eat a Triple X for breakfast! Dunno what a 15" costs, but my 12" cost me 455 shipped directly from RE.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us