What would you recommend

Bronze Member
Username: Krijgy

Smithfield, Virginia United states

Post Number: 52
i'm looking for a killer set of componet speakers, for about 100$ to 175$, the ones i need are 5 1/4", and i would like some tweeters to come with them. i was thinking about getting kicker but what would YOU recommend? all input would be some help. thanks in advanced.

Bronze Member
Username: Sparkey2027

Barnstaple, England England

Post Number: 69
Get a set of infinity kappas

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32818%26item%3D5750430804 &tc=photo

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1487
I would look at MB Quart, Boston, Infinity Kappa Perfect ($189).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
i appriciate all the information that you have given me but i still cant decide what to get. i want my highs so loud that it will drive you out of my car. of course i'm going to get an amp but i cant decide what speakers to get.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 748
if your looking for that kind of sound go witht he Kappa's. The Bostons and Quarts are more mild.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1551
Okay, you won't get that kind of highs from components alone. Whether you pick Boston or Infinity Kappa Perfects, to achieve high volume of highs, there are 3 things you need to get/do.
First, invest in a "hard" bullet/dome tweeters with 100db or higher. 2nd, find high quality mid speakers that you can mount near your dashboard. 3rd, purchase a great amp like Zapco/Xtant/Arc Audio to power them.
I can guarantee, your ears will ache.
That is my current setup. The mids and highs are so clear, if I turn up the volume, it might crack the mirrors/glass.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
By a "Hard" tweeter, what do you mean?
and someone i know swears up and down that the best way for me to go is with kicker. is kicker good quality for the price, and will it give me what i;m looking for?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1552
Hard tweeters are made of some light, hard metal such as neodymium, and titanium as well as some of the more rigid plastic compounds. They produce higher frequencies than soft dome.
Hard dome tweeters tend to produce ear piercing sounds, but when coupled with a nice mid range, will sound louder and have your desired effect.
As for brand of components, it's just preference. Some like Kicker/RF and others. But I personally like Infinity, MB Quart, Boston, Focal, and few others. Best thing to do is listen to them yourself.
Infinity Kappa Perfect should give you enough highs to start with.

Silver Member
Username: Erik123456

Arlington, Tx

Post Number: 407
also look into the 8254 by eclipse on ebay you can catch them for like 150 sometimes...they sound like the perfects to me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us