What Gauge wire for Alpine MRV-T707

Username: Zen

Melbourne, Vic Australia

Post Number: 6
I just bought a alpine mrv-t707 amp and i was wondering what gauge power and earth cable to run and also what size fuse i need. I have 6 gauge cable at the moment from my old cadence amp and a 60amp stinger fuse.. Is this ok????
The amp is rated to 2 x 75RMS @4 ohms or 1 x 240 RMS @ 4 ohms, the amp has two 20amp fuses. It running 2 alpine type S 12" subs wired in parralel

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1480
For that amp, you are fine with 6 gauge and 60A fuse. If you really wanted to be safe, you should drop down the fuse to 40A so that it'll match the amp's fuse.
Alpine amps are generally weak in power anyways. If you're looking for an upgrade from Alpine, try Zapco, Arc Audio, Orion HCCA, JL. Those amps will produce better sound than Alpine.

Username: Zen

Melbourne, Vic Australia

Post Number: 7
Thanks for that. Just one more quick question if i want to still run my cadence amp aswell (to my front speackers) do i have to run a whole new power and earth cabel or can i some how link the two amps of the existing one???
Cheers John

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1483
If you're not planning to max out the volume, then you can power both with the same power and ground wires.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us