Does sub hurt infant's ears?

Rambabu
Unregistered guest
Hi ,

i am planning to have a sub in my car, and i have new addition to the family coming soon, will sub sound hurt infant's ear.

Thanks

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 587
if you turn it up yes.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 421
I would imagine!:-)

Rambabu
Unregistered guest
I am planning 10" with below 200 RMS and i won't turn it up , i just wanted a little bass to my system.

Will it hurt.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 473
I'm sure low levels shouldn't hurt the infants ears. Although, prolonged exposure to sounds even over 85 db's can damage the normal ear, and infants ears can start to hurt with only 70 db's. So I would keep it pretty low and watch to see if the kid starts crying or something.

Web
Unregistered guest
I have a son who is almost 2 years old. I am going to be adding 2 12" subs. I do NOT plan on having the subs on, or will have them tuned all the way down when he is driving with me. I don't think it's a good idea to have smaller kids exposed to those sounds, especially a newborn.

Web

Rambabu
Unregistered guest
Thanks for all of your opinions, each opinion counts.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 589
well I have a 1 year old and have been bringing him in my truck hsi whole life. I do not turn it up but I do listen to music it seems to put him to sleep anyways. I also have a 4 year old who yells at me if I dont turn it up a little bit but never with the 1 year old in the car. We just got home from his 15 month check up and wars are fine so I guess it is ok.

Username: Kountryrebel

Arkansas United States

Post Number: 7
my 2 year old niece really enjoys the vibrating the subs do in the truck, but i do not leave it on for very long periods

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3185
Man, I was nervous enough just taking normal care of my little girl when she was a newborn (burping, changing, all that fun stuff), much less playing subs in the car with her :-). I'd take it really easy for a little while, make sure the sub isn't any louder than the speakers. A subwoofer at 70db isn't really any more damaging to the ear as a speaker at 70db, it'll just vibrate the kid a little since she'll be in the back seat. You're dealing with virgin ears, so what your baby hears and what you hear will be different (louder to the baby, and with a wider frequency range). After all, you don't want to screw up your kid's hearing from the get-go.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us