Kicker, ascendent, and adire.....which one?

Anonymous

if i have a ported box .....4.5 cubes tuned to around 28 hz.......what would be the best for a mix of sq and spl: a kicker cvr 15, tempest or atlas 15? all would recive about 400 watts rms.

thanks

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 460
That box is gonna be pretty big for any of those subs. I think all of those would be fine in a 1.5 - 2.5 cubes box.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 582
with that box I would go with the Avalanche 15!

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 467
Yeah. It's gonna cost you though.

Anonymous

thanx guys...the box is probably closer to 4 cubes now that i think of it. I know that the kicker and tempest can do well in larger enclosures and according to the ascendant website the atlas 15 can aswell. So from that which sub do u guys think would have the best mix of sq and spl?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 486
I'm sure it would be close between the Atlas and the Tempest. Atlast might win from what the specs look like, but Idk. I would probably take one of those 2 over the kicker, thought the cvr isn't that bad mind you. But any of those subs would be good for the money, so I guess it's up to you. I don't know about the sq on the Tempest though, it sounds like its more of a SPL sub.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 940
yea tempest isnt geared too much for SQ...more SPL...want SPL..get a tulmit...

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 488
Yeah, lol. The Tumult has 34 mm xmax. That's crazy.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 649
i was reading that the parth. has 175mm!!!!! then i watched the vid of it. http://www.woofervids.com/displayimage.php?album=7&pos=0

check it out.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 489
Yeah. I read about it too. On Adire's site it has a 4 sq foot baffel on it. It's monsterous.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us