Alpine Type R's

Bronze Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 11
I have finally decided on getting the Alpine SWR-1242D subwoofer that puts out 500 watts rms. I am only buying one for the extended cab of my 1993 Ford Ranger. What amp would you suggest for this subwoofer and what type of box would be the best?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 413
Jl 500/1
Go with ported, just my opinion.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 90
yeah right...f*ck that jl amp...go with the mrd m501. who the hell wants to pay double for the same amount of watts????....c'mon people not everyone wants that high end "jl name". which it isnt a bad product by any means but not everyone has $400 bucks for an amp.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 461
I kinda agree with Rob. I'd think the Alpine amp would match up with the sub better as well. Don't most companies make their stuff to go together? And it's not like the Alpine amp is crappy or way overrated either.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 418
The alpine isn't crappy by any mean's!

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 474
Uhh, that's what I said. What me and Rob are saying is that the Alpine amp would be much more cost effective for what Alan needs. I think it's a good idea to match same brand subs and amps, and I personally don't think he needs to spend a ton of money just for a JL amp to run 1 Type R.

Web
Unregistered guest
What Alpine amp would be best for running two 12" Type R subs at max RMS power? I am having trouble finding a good match from Alpine.

Web

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 476
Which Type R's are they, the 350 rms ones or the new 500 rms ones?

Web
Unregistered guest
Well all I see are the 350 rms ones.. When and where are the 500 rms ones available? Will they be the same prices? For now do you happen to know a good match for both types?

Thanks, Web

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 188
Sealed for that sub. But if you do go ported get that sucker tuned.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 423
The new type R's are 500 watt's rms, not sure where you can git the, or if they are even out yet? Someone posted a link for me to look at them but can't remember what it was, sorry.
The new R's are like $240 a piece, and the old ones are like $120 a piece, but the new ones look really nice! If you got 2 of the new R's use the Alpine 1000/1.
It isn't always the best option to use the same brand!
But in this case, Alpine makes good amp's too, so using the same brand in this case won't hurt.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us