Help choosing!!!!!!

Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 6
I am a newby into the car audio system industry. Right now I have a sony CDX-C5000X headunit the drives 4 Pioneer 6x9 3 ways that can handle 40 watts rms. I am looking into getting a subwoofer for my 1993 Ford Ranger extended cab. I have searched and searched and I can't decide what to get. I am looking to get a sub with good spl that doesn't have that bad of sq. I would like a sub that pushes at least 350 watts rms. I am looking to spend up to 200 on a sub. Also I would need to get an amp and a box. I could just build the box myself though. I was also planning on upgrading my headunit because the one I have now is starting to skip all of the time. What is your opinion on the subwoofer, amp, and headunit. I am lokking to spend at most $600 or so. Thank you for your time.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 183
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=279&1=285&3=3353 here is for the sub...its a 12 inch eclipse Al....very very nice sub...great sq and spl at the same time...just make sure it is properly powered and with this amp would be nice http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=362&1=363&3=131 and for a new Hu i would suggest into looking into clarion or eclipse if you can afford itl...some great prodcuts...where in Oh you live guy im from florence ky if you know where that is

OH United States

Post Number: 7
That amp only pushes 250 watts @4ohms and the sub can handle 450 watts. Since it is a 2ohm dvc sub it can be wired to 1ohm or 4ohm right. Wouldn't I need to get a better amp to power the eclipse.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 187
imn terrible with the OHM THING GOD....lol...but i know it can be wired to 2 ohm for the 500 watts which is great and id relaly suggest that amp for that sub

OH United States

Post Number: 8
Ok what kind of encloser would be best for the eclipse.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 451
I think Eclipses are made to run in ported enclosures the best. At least that's what I've heard.

OH United States

Post Number: 9
Is it hard to build my own sub box and install it into my truck. Also how would I wire the 2ohm dvc eclipse sub?

OH United States

Post Number: 10
What do you think of the Alpine Type R's. A lot of people like them on this website.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 411
The alpine R's are good subs, but they won't compare to the Eclipse's!
Wire each sub in parelal to get a 1 ohm load, with 2 sub's at 1 ohm each, the total ohm load on the amp will be 2 ohm's.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 462
Yup. I would definitely go with Eclipse's over the Type R's also.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 464
Yup. I would definitely go with Eclipse's over the Type R's also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us