Isaac Help Please

Bronze Member
Username: Joebruce

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 53
Ok I still need an amp for my 6.5" kappa perfect comps,I have looked around on ebay for the orion hcca and ppi art,pcx series,but I decided that I would rather get a new amp cuz you cant trust some people on there and you cant return it.So isaac what is an amp that would power them to there full extent and give me pure powerful clean sound? Oh price range is $300-$400.Thanks once again.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1446
Ok for that price range, try Xtant/JL 300/4. If you're lucky, you might find Zapco/Arc Audio. Orion still make good amps, just not as good as they used to.

Bronze Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 54
Ok ive been looking around and came up with a few ideas.soundstream van gogh or trantula series,jl 300/2,orion specifically the xtr3752 it says it put out 93.75 watts at 4ohmsx2ch that would be perfect for my speakers.What do you think of that orion amp? Since I ordered a hcca 225g4 for my sub i thought it would be nice to keep it all orion amps i can get it refurbished for about $180. Any other suggestion or comments?Thanks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1465
Were you the one that boug 225G4 off eBay? I was watching that product. It is very nice amp. Too bad you're going to be using it on a sub. Sure it'll produce very nice bass but that amp can produce even greater sound quality with mids and highs.
If you want to stick with Orion brand, then go with xtr model. It's suppose to be a good amp, so is JL 300/2.
In a perfect world, I would recommend another G4 to power your components. For 25w rms x 2 amp, you'll be amazed how much the cone moves.

Bronze Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 55
yea i bought one off ebay,was the winning bidder twiztid859? yup that was me! got it from canada, in american dollars it came to $230 shipped.cant say much about it cuz i havent recieved it yet,but thanks to you i think i made a smart choice lets just hope it works!! So if i use the 225g4 for my components would it power them good enough? I know they are underrated but will it give me at least 100 watts rms @4ohms? and then get another amp for my sub,preferably orion but what ever will work best for a 12w6v2.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1471
Oh you suck! Ha ha, you're so lucky. The guy was going to sell it to me a bit cheaper if no one bid on it.
Wait till you get it. You will be surprised with the power and quality.

Bronze Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 59
Ok isaac,ive decided to use my hcca 225g4 for my components and get another amp for my sub.Which amp would be better jl 500/1 or zapco referance 500.1.I can get the jl for $400 new shipped and the zapco for $380 shipped brand new and right now there is an auction for a new zapco referance for $200 ending in 2 days.So this would be my setup tell me what you think

Panasonic HU cq-c5110u
Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.1 components
Orion hcca 225g4
one JL Audio 12w6v2 (ported box)
And the jl or zapco amp

Im hoping the orion will power my perfects good enough.Any advice/coments/insults?
If there are any other amps that would be better than the 2 i listed in the same price rang please let me know.

Bronze Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 60
Also what about ppi pcx 1250 i can get a new one for $330 plus s/h.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1500
If it were up to me, I'd go with Zapco first, then JL, then PPI.
Once you go quality, you will never go back to cheap things.
With Orion G4 and kappa perfect, you should be able to hear every breath the singer takes while singing. It's that crystal clear.

Bronze Member

KY U.S.A.

Post Number: 61
So zapco referance it is!! I hope i can win the one on ebay for $200!! You dont think the orion 225g4 will be underpowering the perfects?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1503
No, it'll sound great. Kappa perfect is around 150w I think.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us