Should i get these subs.

Username: Isaac6751

Post Number: 1
10" xplod`s but i have another question i have to hook the sub up to an amp or i cant connect the subs up can i?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 406
I wouldn't git them if I were you! You can git a lot better for the money.
How much money are you wanting to spind?

Post Number: 2
Well im planning to spend 80 bucks for 2, so i can put a couple on lay away. the xplods are like the best ive seen, i looked at a few subs and this was probably the best one for the best price. i hear there the best bang for the buck, cause they kick pertty hard, Please send me a mesage back before the end of the day cause tomorrow my moms going to get them for me

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 186
HAHAH no i would STRONGLY reccomend not getting those subs....in general try to stay away from any best buy and circuit city brands unless your not looking for power lol....i mean if you want you can spend 80 bucks on them....or you can spend 80 bucks on a Single sub or just SAVE YOUR MONEY which is what i woujld suggest another sub id suggest over that sub would be a kicker comp 10 inch...its like 10 bucks more each and they should put those sony's to shame...just an opinion if you want one lol....id strongly suggest not gonig out and getting the firsht thing you see...and to connect the subs you should use an amp....but before i could afford an amp i had mine hooked up to a big receiver in my room lol....but an amp will power them your Hu wont do it properlly also...what are you comparing the sony's too they are like the worst out there...also just a piece of information for anyone out there reading this and especially you isaack....sony doesnt have a rated power..they just put a number on there...ive spoke to a sony salesman about buaying one of there amps and suggested going MTX cause sony's stuff isnt rated and the number they put on there is somen they just paid someone to put on there

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 449
Yeah. I also think they pull some of their numbers out of the rears. And has anybody noticed that low-end companies like sony never put specs that matter, like Xmax. Try to find the Xmax of a Sony or an Audiobahn. Good luck.

Post Number: 3
Xmax is 3 lol

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 939
if you are dead set on getting those sonys i'd reccommend just putting a tamberine in your engine because thats about the noise they'll make....

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 470
Hey, that's a new one, ol.

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 471
*lol

Post Number: 4
well id like to ask another question, SO you "think" you know this stuff allright not saying you dont But have you heard them yourself Bought them yourself? if not then do not go dissing on them thanks

Web
Unregistered guest
I just looked up the Sony 12" Subwoofer (XSL121P5) and the stated "XMAX" is 7.5

I wanted to list that for people who have stated they could not find it anywhere.

Web

Post Number: 5
yes i know, i found Xmax 3 for the 10`s at circut city

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 480
Holy crap, 3 mm's? Are you kidding?

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 194
hey isaack....your knew here...but to let you know...most people here dont say sh*t unless they know what they are talking about...i know what xplodes sound like....my best friend has 2 12's wanna know somen...they ARE complete crap...simple as that...i have 1 10 inch eclipse al taking half the power of both those subs combine and it rips them a new hole in both sq and spl...so honestly...dont ask retarded questions like you just did...we know what were talking about...i wouldnt say they sucked if ive never herad them before...you cant judge a book by what everyone else says...the great gatsby...one of the best books ever written...i thought it sucked...ssee my point...

Bronze Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 38
i have a sony head unit and i hate it. i can't wait to get rid of such a crappy product. Sony is a good company, but they need to keep to things they are good at, and it isn't car audio. I can't wait to get my alpine headunit

Web
Unregistered guest
3 xmax seems really low for the 10" 300 Watt peak Sony Xplod. I compared to the 10" Alpine Type E subs which are 11.7 xmax and 600 Watt peak. Seems like a big difference. And they are the same price $66.49 at Circuit City where you mentioned. I am no expert but this seems like a no brainer..

Web

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3187
Horrible, Horrible subs, in all honesty, and yes I've seen, heard, and had friends who had Sony Xplod subs, and they never end with good comments except from the ignorant or those with low expectations. They aren't that loud, nor do they sound good, but the most important thing to consider is that they are poorly built and very unreliable. When you're on a lower budget, your main focus should be to get reliable equipment, great SQ and SPL isn't going to happen from a subwoofer that is $50-100 retail price. My recommendation would be to save a little money and consider getting a single 12" or 15" subwoofer, such as the Kicker Comp VR, Adire Audio Shiva, Resonant Engineering RE series, there are others as well. Either of those subs in a ported box with around 400W RMS will outdo those Sonys and sound a lot better as well. They're built far better, too.

"Sony is a good company, but they need to keep to things they are good at, and it isn't car audio."

Really, they're so-so. Their home audio equipment is fair, but really good home audio stuff will cost you 10,000 and up, you can go into 6 figure ranges for high end home audio equipment. Their cameras, Playstation, etc. are pretty reliable, but really there isn't any kind of fantastic build quality or worksmanship that would make them stick out.

jamivest
Unregistered guest
all this sony bashing .......
i read you wanted info on sony subs from someone who had personal experience...that would be me. i had 4 12's and 3 different boxes over the past year in an attempt to gauge just a little more sound from them.trust me. i have had 2 10's [jl] destrot them

Post Number: 6
is destrot supposed to be distort?

Anonymous

dont get them!!! I have 2 10" P5's and they suck!! one of them has cracked and im only using a 2 channel sony xplod amp with them. they may look cool and sound good at first but when they are broken in they bottom out. the RMS power says its 300 but i think its more like 125 RMS. just DONT get them

Post Number: 7
Cause you cant crank them up tuill you break them in i hear you have to break them in 5-10 hrs before you can crank them

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3198
I believe he meant to type destroy them, as in the two JL Audio 10" subs destroyed his 4 12" subs.

Post Number: 8
i`m thinking about getting alpines should they be good?

Silver Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 501
Yeah. You'll be happy with Alpine.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us