So confused, Comp Vr or Alpine type R

Bronze Member
Username: Aluminumcone

Pennsville, NJ U.S.A.

Post Number: 15
What is better. I heard good about both. Either way they will be ran by a good JBL or MTX amp. I know the
RMS on the VR is 400 and 300 for the R. Both subs give good bang for the buck.It will go in a toyota pickup between the seats.

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 15
well if you are talking about the kicker cvr then i would say go with which one is cheaper both are very good subs for the price personally i would go with the cvr but thats just what i like LOL

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 172
yea i had to cvr's and they were pretty bad a&& i dont understand why people dont like them much they are pretty intense

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 408
Alpine type R has my vote.

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 65
I've owned both and if you want loudness than go with the CVR and if you want more clarity go with the type R (just my opinion)

Bronze Member
Username: Kklagge

Post Number: 66
By the way...the type R's will handle quite a bit more than the 300 stated (I'm putting 450 into each of my 10's and they are handling it just fine)

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 441
If your getting 2005 subs I would have to say the Type R's would be better. They changed them some, new surround, higher power handeling. The new 12's can take 500 rms and the 15's can take 750 rms.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us