Which Amp for Kicker 12" of 1200 watts

Bronze Member
Username: Chary

Dominicab Republic, Santo Domingo

Post Number: 40
I want to know which amp should i use to move this subs. I have 2 kicker of 12" of 1200 watts, please help with that.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 41
or what do you recommend, about subs and amp. my budget is 400 dollars for 2 subs, what do you recommend. i was lookind at the kicker of 12" of 1200 watts. i dont know about the amp to move this subs.Please help with subs. My budget is how i say 400 for 2 subs and like 250 for an amp. What do you say ?

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 418
I say personally that you take the money, and buy 1 better sub, and take the extra to get a better amp. $250 might be a little low for a good amp to push 2 subs at 1200 watts each.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
ok, i understand what you say. Im saying, if i buy the kicker 1200 watts at 4ohm, what amp should i get. What amp for that subs. what a good amp. No matter the money. They are 2 kickers of 1200 watts at 4ohm, what amp?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 928
i know alot about kicker and the only subs that they make that could possibly handle 1200 watts are the solox's...if you buy the solox's you've obviously got money...what exact model kickers are you looking at?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Kicker 05S12L54 12" L5 Solo-Baric S12L54 Dual 4 Ohms by Kicker. Its the squared one, with the metallic background with the red center. Here is the link : http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_3168.html#
I want to know which amp i have to buy to move very well these subs.

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 938
yea woah...that 1200 watts is a peak power rating, the sub cant handle that more any long period of time...the sub takes 600 wats rms, you'll need 1200 watts total rms powere to run 2 of those subs, look at the kicker 1200.1....jbl gto1201.1 or the pheonix gold 1200.1 for an amp...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
The problem is that the sub is 4ohm, and the kicker kx1200.1 throws 300 watt rms at 4 ohm. The JBL Gto 1201.1 throws 787 watts rms at 4 ohm. The phoenix gold give 1200 watts rms at 4ohm. But its first time ive heard about phoenix gold amps, i dont know if it is a good quality amp.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 583
yes but run them in parellel and you will show your amp a 2ohm load. I would recomend the exact same amps that jeff did.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us