How to wire 4 terminal subs

Username: Snip929

North Carolina USA

Post Number: 5
I have two Orion Cobalt 10's and two Orion XTR 12's. They are both wired the same on the back of the sub itself. It has 4 terminals on the back of each sub. It has a positive and negative terminal on one side and another postive and negative terminal on the opposite side of the speaker. The way the guy told me at Audio Express to hook them up is hooking up the positive wire coming from the box terminal to one of the positive terminals of the speaker, then the negative wire coming from the box terminal to the negative terminal on the opposite side of the speaker. That part I get, then he told me to take a piece of speaker wire and plug one end of it into the second positive terminal and plug the other end of the speaker wire into the negative terminal on the opposite side of the speaker. Does this sound crazy to anyone? hooking up a positive and a negative terminal together and expect to push both 10's with a 600 watt amp? and both 12's with a 1000 watt amp?

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 264
Check out www.jlaudio.com tutorial section on wiring. They give you a ton of diagrams.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us