Help me out

Bronze Member
Username: Pologreen

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 16
OK guys, I know I'm kinda doing this backward but, I got a good deal on a US Amps DE-1000. It's 1000RMS at 2 ohms stable. I was going to get two of these but that would require two alternators. I'm not getting into this that far. Do I go with 1 big sub that requires 1k, or 2 smaller subs at 500 to 600k? I guess 3 or 4 10's maybe, if ohms and watts work out. Open to all combinations. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 206
if u went with 1 big sub alot of people recommend Resonant Engineering subwoofers they have some impressive excursion and good sq (so i hear) www.reaudio.com they are also much cheaper than other more companies high end brands.. not sure if it would push a x.x.x properly though im not sure on the specs.. i of course will recommend the Alpine Type X .. its 1000watts rms so it would match your amp perfectly

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 62
lots of choices but im going to have to agree with mark. tose type x's are amazing for the price.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 587
well whatever you decide on make sure that the sub is dual 4 ohm so it can be wired to 2 ohms. unless that amp is one ohm stable, then go dual 2.

Bronze Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 17
Thanks for the replies! According to US Amps website, it is stable down to 1.5 ohms. They told me for about $60 I could send it in and they would make it 1 ohm stable. Plus shipping of course. They have great customer service.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 591
damn. 60 bucks i would do it. it would probably do at least 1500 watts at 1 ohm.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 539
2000! yeah that amp is really nice I just bought one myself.

Bronze Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 18
SO........... what speaker combos should I look at?...lol. James, what are your plans? Jonathan, any input?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 379
Well, Don't know how much money you have to play with, but the Re x.x.x would work nice, Adire Brhama as well!
Also, check out Eclipse T's, and with that amp you could power a Jlw7.
1000 watt's is fine for a x.x.x to reach it's full excursion.

Bronze Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 19
What about RE SE's or SX's? I can't find much about them. I would have to think that they have the same build quality as the triple X's. According to their site, I could use 2 SE's.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
SE is a Dual 4ohm sub. I would say get the X.X.X, As long as the coils match up. that thing can have quad VCs, Man I dont know any other sub that has so many options.
SE + XBL^2 = SE.X.X.X, that use to be a custom sub at shops. but then they made SX so its a rarity to find a SE.X.X.X but Iv seen a few.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
My SE's where 169 each. then shipping. close to 400$ I got em wired to 1ohm. But I think One X.X.X would take up less room then two of these... A standard box i have them in + them is 135lbs(I have taken this down and Up stares twice)fyi im 130lbs. one X.X.X would wiegh less and probly be sumwhat of a gas saver.(no idea what car/truck you have)

Bronze Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 20
Well, I have two cars that I'm working on getting a system into right now. This amp is going into the daily driver, which is a '92 Bonneville. I could put 4 or 5 bodies in the trunk of that thing, so I have a fair amount of room to work with. The other car is a '93 Corvette. It's getting a simpler system. It just has to compete with the exhaust system on the car. Size and weight is something that I am not concerned with in reguards to this thread (for the Pontiac). You are right though, because it is an issue on the Vette. I'm finishing the Pontiac project before moving on to the toy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us