Whats the deal with Ascendant Audios Atlas Subwoofer?

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 108
Does anyone know about this subs .. I am in the market for a new sub setup and i was wondering if ne one had expeirience with them

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 909
I'm ordering mine in the next couple days, from the reviews i've heard they are amazing, they use the same motor as the X.XX and brahma...XBL^2.....

Chad the owners a pretty good guy to talk to...

They are a DVC sub but you only power 1 coil (4ohm) for the price you cant beat em...

Bronze Member
Username: Cb9869

Post Number: 45
yup they're awsome

best sub you can get for the price, period.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 222
what does it cost?

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 226
ok i see 140, how do u think the atlas stands up VS a shiva?

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 116
good question. anyone?...anyone?

i cant find anywhere that has the shiva right now either. ya'll know any place that has 'em? or when they might?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 542
yes Adire is saying mid February. Hey J.W. You didnt by any chance win a new orion amp last night did you? The guy who outbid me had JW in his name just wondering if it was you.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 117
no that wasnt me. i've had my eye on those though. i just read that the guy beat you at the last second huh? that sucks. i lost a memphis amp like that a few days ago. i emailed the seller and he had another one. either that or he was bumping up the price on me with a fake name and still had the same one!

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 543
yeah prob thats messed up when that happens. Yeha I was just wondering if it was you or not. I would of had to get mid evil on your AS$ hahaha lol!

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 118
lol

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 119
just spoke with the owner of ascendany audio, chad. real nice guy. i actually asked him how the atlas stacked up against the shiva. he was very respectful and praising of adire audio, but he said there was no contest. obviously he is going to say that the atlas is better, but he even went so far as to say that the atlas is better than the $250 Koda. he sited some reasons such as the atlas has 2 magnets as opposed to one with the koda, and a couple other reasons i cant remember. he also said that you basically cannot bottom out the atlas and you can with the shiva. he definitely gave props to adire audio and wasnt bashing them at all, but he seemed very confident that he makes a superior product. also said that you can run the atlas with only 150 watts and it will sound great. he will also explain to you what enclosure works best based on your vehicle and what sound you're looking for.

cost is $145 and he quoted shipping from near chicago to my house in north florida via fedex at $14. might have to order one...

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 545
yeah he is a really nice guy.

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 401
Man. 14 dollars shipping from chicago to florida. I live in Michigan, not far from Chicago. I have to buy an Atlas for that price. I was thinking about trying an ID12, or a Shiva. But for that price, if it's half as good as they say it is then I have to get it!

Bronze Member
Username: Udai

Post Number: 78
From the way people are talking about it.. these are must buy low cost subs. My original budget for my system was around 600 or so but im going to go way under with the atlas and lower powered amps. I cant wait o_O

Silver Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 548
yeah once everyone gets them please post about it and if you are happy or not. I am sure you will be but I am psyched to hear about it. I am ordering a avalanch 18 today as well.

Bronze Member
Username: Cb9869

Post Number: 47
you won't regret getting one... just do it, trust me ;-D

Silver Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 404
Man. I just wanna hear it so bad. Only problem is I gotta sell some old stuff first before I can buy the Atlas.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 595
hey joe, whatcha got? to sell. i think we need a selling part of the forum, just like every other car audio forum.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 70
i have a mrv-t320 and a kenwood kdc 5019. both new im looking to get rid of. im getting rid of the jenwood cause everything else i have is alpine. and im getting rid of the 2 channel amp because i bought the mrv-f340. btu anyways both are new, never used.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 596
is that kenwood an amp or hu? it may seem like a silly q, but my hu, is a kenwood KDC-205. whats the specs on both. i have a tiny alpine mrp-t220. i know thats not relevent but i want you guys to like me.:-) also have you guys heard of the alpine mrp-f456. or its something like that. they call it the "flex five" series most likely. it turns in ands then in seconds overheats. i think that something is wromg with it.:-( :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 72
MRV T320

Performance
RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels) 80 x 2
Frequency Response 20-20k Hz
THD at Rated RMS Power 0.08%
Signal to Noise Ratio 100 dB
Input Voltage 14.4v
Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels) 400 x 1
Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels) 110 x 2
Bridged Power (Watts x Channels) 220 x 1
Minimum Impedance Bridged 4
Minimum Impedance Unbridged 2
Features
Amplifier Class AB
Tri-Way Capable Yes
Low-Pass Crossover Frequency 30-400 Hz
Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave) 12 dB
High-Pass Crossover Frequency 15-400 Hz
High-Pass Slope (dB/octave) 12 dB
Bass Boost 0-12 dB
Bass Boost Frequency 50 Hz
Fan Cooled No
Fuse Rating 30 x 1
Speaker Level Inputs Yes
Preamp Outputs No
LED Power Indicator Blue
Height (inches) 2-1/2
Width (inches) 9-3/4
Length (inche

KDC 5019

D MASK+ Self-Hiding Removable Faceplate with Carrying Case, Full Bandwidth Power (less than 1 <p> THD): 22 Watts x 4, and System Q Sound Control.

Maximum Output Power: 50 Watts x 4
Full Bandwidth Power (less than 1 <p> THD): 22 Watts x 4
D MASK+ Self-Hiding Removable Faceplate with Carrying Case
System Q Sound Control
Preouts: Front and Rear
Sirius Satellite Radio Ready
Dot Matrix Display Readout with Contrast and Dimmer Controls
Changer Control
10-Key Remote Control
Optional Heads-Up Display, Sensor Unit and Compass

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 109
How would one Atlas 12 live upto 2 Kappa Perfect 12.1ds? I can get 2 kappas for the price of one ascendant audio sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us