Boston Acoustic or JL sub

Username: Ethan68

Post Number: 3
I'm deciding on either getting the Boston Acoustics G512 or the JL 12w6v2 sub. Can someone please provide some suggestions? What enclosure should I use in a Mercedes C-class. I listen to mostly jazz, R & B, etc. Sound quality is my priority.

Thank you all in advance.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 453
Well both of those subs will sound great for your prefference of music. You will find great sound quality in both of them. If you can I would listen to both of them on the same amp if possible and make your decision that way. I have heard those Boston subs get very loud while sounding very well doing it as goes for the JL 12w6v2. As far as an enclosure you want to go sealed for the best SQ. 1.25 sealed for the JL and 1.0 sealed for the Boston. If it were my choice I would go with the Boston's I love their products. I would also put the G5 a little higher ranked over the w6v2 more comparable to the W7.

Username: Team_audio_itch

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 3
i used to be kickercomp, but go with the g5 because there is a passive radiator that is made to go with this sub. it looks like just the cone of a sub with no magnet or motor structure and it mounts on a box just like a normal sub. they have some here at Audio Itch in Tampa and they add 3dBs and require no extra power and dont require a bigger box. they only cost 200, which is cheap for 3dBs.

Username: Ethan68

Post Number: 4
Thanks for your help, I think I'll go with the Bostons. Is the JL 500.1 a good amp to power the Bostons? Any other suggestions for amp?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 466
yes
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us