Kicker amps

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 905
Anyone got any experience with em, i need a 600-650rms amp x 1 @ 2ohms to run my so ascendant audio atlas 12" that i'll be picking up in the next few days.

Any suggests on an amp to run em? Been looking at the kicker KX 600.1....JBL 600.1...any other ideas?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3144
Kicker 600.1 is an excellent mono amp. Very well built amps and not terribly hard on you budget-wise. Better built than the JBL 600.1 as well.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 259
isn't that kicker amp 1 ohm stable? then at 2 ohms will it only put out 300 watts?

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 906
nope, thats the 1200.1...the 600.1 is 2 ohm stable and puts out 300x 1 @ 4 ohms, i'll be running two SVC 4ohm subs off it for a 2 ohm load...and it produces 600rms @ 2 ohms...

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 446
Hey jeff thats prob too much power for that sub have you talked to Chad about that much power to one atlas 12? I would go with the Avalanche 15 with that kind of power.

Silver Member

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 908
yea i talked to chad, i've been chatting through email with him for about a week now, he hooked me up, gave me some box sizes and whatnot, he said that in a 2cuft box tuned to 32hz the sub will shine, and it could handle between 250-350rms.. I'll be running two subs so i can have a 2 ohm load (they are 4ohm SVC) on a kicker 600.1....give em about 300 or so watts of clean power a peice...

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 449
yeah man you have to let me know how that sounds once you get it all in. I have been talking to chad about the avalanche 18 I just want to try it so bad. lol! I was wondering if you were going to do two of them cause by the first post it sounded like 1 but I figured in order to get the 2 ohm load you must be doing 2. Well let me know how it sounds.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us