Is a 12w7 a daily driver?

Username: Terps297

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 6
hey everyone, i was just wondering, i have a 12w7 (750rms will br coming into it) but i'm thinking that it might be too much for a daily driver. I'm still looking for thunderous bass that is crisp tight and clean, but 350 dollars to me is a little high for my use. Am i wrong? or are there better alternatives like some eclipses or others?
i'm not afraid to pay the 350 for the sub it's just i was wondering if there are alternative options to achieve w7 type sq and spl.

keep in mind, i have yet to install anything into my car, i'm waiting till i have everything to do it all at once.

F.Y.I - i have a Buick LeSabre Custom

This is actually my first system, i've been savign up and working for the money.

also i was thinking about building a sliding amp rack in a box with plexi door's, but i was concerned about wires moving and creating an ugly scene. any suggestions? i just want it to be as clean as possible.

if you suggest a sub, please include an enclosure recomendation, thank you

thank you to everyone who has helped me and all the others in need of wisdom.

all other suggestions on upgrades are welcome and appreciated!!!!!

inventory(nothing is installed yet)
Pioneer Deh-p6300
infinity reference 9603i 6x9"
infinity kappa 462.5cfp 4x6"

phoenix gold octane-r 15.0:1
Audiobahn A1300HCT

2x Alpine SWR-1521's
JL 12w7
RF wiring

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 366
I'm sure you could git close to the Jl with a different brand, but with Jl you git what you pay for. Trust me, you won't be dissapointed!
As far as a dayly driver, it would be fine as long as you like a lot of bass:-)
My oppinion, git the w7.

Username: Team_audio_itch

Tampa, FL

Post Number: 2
i have my 13w7 ported with 1000/1 on it for my daily driver. u can handle the 12

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 457
I would just like to add if you got a W7 for $350 there shold be no questions asked as to whether or not you are going to use it. That is an amazing price. Just power it right and it will do you just fine.

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 7
thanks everyone, yall think it'll be louder than 4 12w6's with ppi amps? if i only power it to 750rms?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 492
what PPI amps? it doesnt matter no you will not be louder then 4-12w6's especially if they are run by the a600 or a1200.

Potomac, MD USA

Post Number: 8
not sure but i guess if it doesn't matter haha then i won't try and think about matching it! haha he spent i think 10k on the whole system(its a show vehicle as well as his daily) thanks again everyone!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us