CAPASITORS

Bronze Member
Username: Perrydog

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 58
ok what do capasitors do and do i need one and if i do what kind should i get and how much and does anyone install(like bestbuy, circuit city, dukes car stereo, or places like that?)?)?)))
plz give me sum help on that

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 357
Best Buy actually sale's them!
Acapacitor basically supplies your amp a constant supply of juice when there is a lot of fast hard hitting bass!
You really don't need one, if you are trying to make up for an alternator, it won't help! Actually it will make the alternator work harder trying to supply the cap and battery with electricity!
You go by the peak power for capacitor's. Usually 1 farad will cover about 1000 watt's.

Unregistered guest
hi im wondering how the charging light is made? i bought a used stinger capacitor and want to be certain i am charging it right. any help would be much appreciated thank you please email me at howieschenck@yahoo.com

Bronze Member

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 59
ok i have 4 kenwood kfc 3005 12's, should i buy a capacitor and if i should what one and how much is it? and do you guyz know of anyone to install one?!?!?!(the subs are 175 rms i think and 700 peak)

Bronze Member

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 62
!?!?!?!?!!?!? anyone ?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 404
no Adam you dont need a capasitor. A alternator maybe if you read the other post I answered for you if you do go with the JBL 1200 or the Orion 12oo you might want to look into a alternator upgrade. Taylor was right if you are trying to make up for your alternator being underpowered by using a cap dont get one because it will drain your system even more. Alternator is the best upgrade you could do for your electrical system once you start adding amps and lots of power.

Bronze Member

Flint, Michigan USA

Post Number: 63
ok thanks for all that but what type of alltenator should i get and how much are they and are they hard to install????? plz help out on this one

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 462
they are easy if you know what you are doing! if you dont bring your car/truck to any local garage and they can put it in for you easily.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1339
Adam, you need HO alternator. Check out 4alterstart.com and ask them for help. They have everything you need. If you want the easiest solution, send them your alternator and they will redo it to whatever amps you want. Then any car shop will be able to install it. Just a straight exchange.
If that's not possible, you can order a new HO alterator from them too. The price range from $200 - $350 depending on your requirements.
The capacitors will help smooth out voltage rails but it has it's limits too. It will only store enough juice to cover short bursts of current draw. If you get a bass note that's longer, it'll drain the capacitor completely thus rendering it useless. This is why you need HO alternator along with a capacitor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us