WoW i need everyones help who ever sees this!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Spanky

Post Number: 91
i am facing a delema...im gettin my license very soon..and i cant decide on what subs i should get.. i wanna spend about 500 bux for 2 12's. im either going with the eclipse aluminums or RF T1's..ive herd them both and the T1's hit harder then the aluminums..although eclipse have better sound quality..im affarid if i go with the T1's im gonna be disapointed if they sound like crap when I power them with about 550 watts a piece...what should i do??? which ones! (by the way, my trunk will be completely dynomated..)

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 335
Both are varry nice sub's! I would go with the T1's. Also, you might want to check out Alpine type X's. Don't know what amp you are going to have, or already have, but the X's are 1000 watt's rms. Don't know if you have an amp that will push them or not.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 125
well you could spend a little more and go with a Ti instead of the aluminums and i have heard peop;le saying that 1 12 aluminums can get 140's and more so have you considered going with 2 Ti's....just a pissiblitly spend another 150 and get those

Bronze Member
Username: Bdonkersgoed

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 76
Maybe you should try getting some driving experience before putting loud music in your car. Being a new driver is enough to worry about without the distraction of loud music . . .

Bryan

Bronze Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 62
Bryan's got a point, I waited a few months before I bought a system just because you want some experience under your belt and when you have a system you tend to want to look around at people to see if they hear you and sometimes you try to impress the girls by turnin it up for some extra shove.

Anyways, are you using 500 dollars for each sub or 500 total for both? The Brahma and JL's subs are my personal favorites and they can outperform 2 of the RF's or Aluminums provided you have the right box and supplied power. A Brahma is about $400 shipped and JL subs can be found for pretty cheap at various sites as well. Of course JL subs online have no warranty.

How much is available for the box and amp? I bought a JLW6v2 in an H.O. box for 600. But I also bought it at Ovation, high priced.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 555
well if it is spl wise the t1 will be in close to the same league, but as far as sound quality, no the t1 doesnt compare.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 92
i still need more opinions...ill be powering the subs with an 1100 watt 2 channel eclipse amp...about 550 into each sub..

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 133
500 for both or just one

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
bothhhhhhhhhhhh

bigboy
Unregistered guest
Go with 1 Alpine type x 12. JL audio and rockford SUCK compared to alpine. Alpine has always been the best and they don't disappoint.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 186
Disagree with that. JL puts out a really great product. I am an Alpine fan and you cant go wrong with that... But hey, Listen to some and see what you like.

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 365
small fry, you have no clue what you are talking about!
Alpine is grate, but there is a reason Jl is so popular!
I'll give you a hint, it's not because they suck!

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 458
hey here's a thought! are you stuck one 2 subs? I would get either a 12 brahma or a 12XXX and bridge your amp to it. Thats a pretty decent amp you got I would use it wisely. It will be very loud, and you will be right around $500 sub and enclosure.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
would one 12 inch brahma be louder then two 12 inch t1's?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 540
powered correctly it will sound like night and day. The T1's are SPL subs no SQ but the Brahma with 1000 watts will sound so amazing you will be much happier with the way your music sounds.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
still though... eclipse...or T1's

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3155
"Go with 1 Alpine type x 12. JL audio and rockford SUCK compared to alpine. Alpine has always been the best and they don't disappoint."

You need to focus on true facts instead of relying on brand loyalty to spout out opinions. The W7 easily outperforms the Type X in SPL, not a matter of subjectivity, just plain out down and dirty fact. There is no best or everyone would have the same equipment. I've been using Eclipse head units for the last 5-6 years, and I never missed the Alpines a bit. It's just my preference, as you have yours. The only thing I'd even consider looking at from Alpine anymore is their F#1 status line, but it's also extremely expensive, to the point of being far past what most people can afford(or are willing to invest) in a system. I've never been impressed enough by Alpine speakers or subwoofers to use them in my vehicles, the only exception would be their newer F#1 status components, mainly because they use Scanspeak Revelator drivers. I'm not saying Alpine is bad by any means, I'm just showing you that opinions do differ, and even though Alpine is good, it isn't "the best".

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3156
Timothy, between the two I'd personally go with the Aluminums, but that's just my preference. Two of those in a ported box can get very loud for the power and sound great doing it. Around 2.2 cu ft net tuned to 32 hz (per sub) would give a great of sound quality and SPL. Like said above, you don't always need 2 subwoofers, you could consider a single Brahma, ID Max, Eclipse Titanium, Resonant Engineering X.X.X., and others. Remember that none of these one subs would be able to hit harder than the two T1 or Aluminum subs, though. It's a sheer fact of displacement, any of the one subs above would have to have double the excursion of the Aluminums or T1s just to get the same output. Porting both subs would add even more advantage over the single sub. That's just from a standpoint of loudness though, I tend to prefer a single sub that is better over the "no replacement for displacement" method. One Brahma, ID Max, etc. is more than capable of getting loud in a daily driver.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us