Kindof a weird question!

Bronze Member
Username: Chada08

Post Number: 38
Ok, so i'm getting my amp/subs and all that stuff installed wednesday. The subs are good up to 150hz, so if i set the amp's crossover at 150hz, will that block those low bass frequencies from my 6x9's? or would i just hafta turn down the bass on my headunit? thanks

Anonymous

What amp?
I'd set the crossover a lot lower than that. Probably around 80Hz depending on your system. I've played around, and mine is currently set at 63Hz.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
oo ok. well im not sure which frequencies go along with how low of a note (ya know), but the question still remains if that would block the low notes from the 6x9s. It's the MTX MXA6001 amp with 2 MZS1204 subs. my other four car speakers are pioneers, 6x9s and 4x6s.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 379
r all of the speakers and subs running off of the same amp?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Nope, just the 2 subs are bein run off the amp. That's basically why i have the question. but based on your question, i'm guessin the answer is no? lol

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 243
Unless you're running an amp for your 6x9s, you aren't going to be able to set any crossover on them (Unless of course your HU has crossovers in it.) For your sub, the subsonic filter should be set to about 20hz, and the Low Pass Filter should be set to about 80hz.
If need be, you can buy bass blockers for your 6x9s. http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gCTQGuMu05D/cgi-bin/ProdGroup.asp?g=761 to check them out.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
yeah that's what i figured. THe amp's built in subsunic filter when turned on (which it will be) is 30 hz, and i'll set the low pass at around 80hz. For those bass blockers though, the lowest is 150hz, so from 80-150 hz would disappear!! guess i'm just turn the bass down from the HU and tilt the fad a lil to the front. i already have 300hz bass blockers on my 4x6s

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 353
you are missing a whole lot of music in your system my friend.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
i don't see what you mean. i said that i won't be puttin the bass blockers on my 6x9s...

Propaganda13
Unregistered guest
Passive Crossovers are available in different settings. Here's some 85Hz ones. http://www.cardomain.com/item/LITBB485 You could always go with an active crossover if you wanted.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 387
just turn the bass down on your HU, thats wut i did so i wouldnt get too much bass to my 4x6's
But now i have an amp for my bass and an amp for my highs. I also got an external crossover for the amps so i run just one pair of RCA's to the crossover and then 2 pair out to the amps, but anyway turning the bass down on your HU should do the trick, just keep the mid and treble up.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us