Hey glass,Isaac,jonathan?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 286
Hey you guys have any opinions on the orion 1200d. Is it a good amp? I am a big fan of old oroin stuff but how is this amp? thanks guys.
James

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 47
thats an awesome amp. still ranks top of the line IMO.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3103
DEI destroyed the company, basically. Compared to the older SX, HCCA, and XTR amps, they're just not built with the quality they used to be. Still not a bad amp, though, just not the super high end electronics they were 10+ years ago.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 291
yeah thats what I figured. What amp of the old HCCA model's would you recomend for powering a Brahma 15? I think I am going to use my PPI a600.2 in my wife's car and get myself an amp with a little more umph for my sub. I was looking at the PPI a1200.2 that would run it nicely. But as far as the older Orion stuff what would you recomend the 2100 or 2250? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1257
I have PPI's 600.2 art series amp. It is a nice one. Much better than current models. For your Brahma 15, HCCA will push it to the limit.
If you can get hold of HCCA 2100 or 2250 buy it asap. They're the best series ever made.
HCCA amps come to life when powering components. Mids and highs will ring crystal clear. I've compared with PPI 600.2 amp, and HCCA wins hands down. I'm buying up as many HCCA's I can right now.
If your wife ever listens to HCCA amp, she'll want that instead. Trust me.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 297
alright thanks isaac for the info. My wife wouldnt be able to tell the difference between her stock head unit or the Alpine deck I put in there or the stock head unit against components I am doing it for when I am in the car and it is for running components. I am going to pick up a HCCA for me and see how it goes. Which one would power the brahma better the 2100 or 2250? thanks man
James

Gold Member

Post Number: 1261
I've only seen Orion HCCA 2100, not 2250. Does such model exist?
Orion HCCA 250G4, 257G4, 2100 will power your brahma with ease.
Remember, those amps are not just under rated, they're way under rated. They also use 12v for testing. If you put it in your car, you'll get at least 20% more power.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 299
yes they made a 2250 it was nicknamed "The Beast" extremely powerful amp not to mention very $$$$. Well I found a HCCA 250R 800 RMS you think that is the way to go?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1262
I don't know about you, but I'm more than satisfied with mine. If you can, look for G4 or GS models they come with crossover and other handy features. The R is just power power. Very good for mid and highs. If your HU has equalizer then you won't need G4 nor GS models.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 301
yes my head unit ha eq and x-over its the Alpine 9813. So what do you think will the r work or should I look for the GS or G4?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1268
The question is can you get G4 or GS model. I find not many people are selling. HCCA 250R will work for you then. It's the most powerful 50W rms amp you'll ever listen to.
It is quite amazing how 50W amp can move a sub. You know someone lied about their power rating. It puts those so called "1000W" amps to shame.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us