Please help me decide . . . 10" or 12" Alpine Type X?

Bronze Member
Username: Bdonkersgoed

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 47
Hey Everyone,

My stereo was stolen the other day, and now I have to replace it.

So far, I have decided on the Alpine MRD-M1001 amplifier and Alpine CDA-9835 headunit. Now, I have also decided on the Alpine Type X subwoofer, but I am not sure which size I should get.

I can get the 10" and 12" Type X for about the exact same price. What are the advantages and disadvantages of each? They both have a RMS power rating of 1000W. Which one would you guys prefer to mate with the MRD-M1001?

Thanks for the help!
Bryan

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 250
I personally would go with a 12. 10's dont get deep enough for my taste but thats me.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 51
Thanks James

Does anyone else offer their opinions? I need to decide soon before I call the insurance adjuster.

By getting a deeper sound (wth the 12 as opposed to the 10), don't you sacrifice some of the "cleanliness" of the bass though?

Thanks!
Bryan

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 254
not with a quality speaker like the type X the 12 will be very clean.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 53
Thanks James. Maybe I will go with the 12" instead of the 10". I always stuck with the 10 because I thought it was a lot more clean. As long as the 12 is clean AND can hit lower notes, then maybe that is better for me.

Anyone else with any thoughts?

Thanks!
Bryan

Bronze Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 56
get the 12's, i agree with james they do get deeper and sound nice.

Username: Nielsenj

Surrey, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 3
You technicaly get deeper sound off of the 12's it's only a 1 hz difference by shipped specs on each sub.

Now if your going to want to hit 23 hz vs 24 then and play a lot of songs that reach that then go for the 12's, if they are the same price and your not going to hit that extra hert then i'd say go with whatever would fit your plan for your system in your vehicle.

I go the 12's because i use to run 15's and didn't want to change sizes too much. I got 10's because i wanted 4 type X's horizontaly across my trunk, four 12's wouldn't fit so i went with 2 12's and 2 10's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us