Mb quart Vs Canton Vs cdt audio

Username: Carmscall

Post Number: 1
Hey Everybody. New to this site and need some info from experienced people. Have had discus mb quart, and older series of canton componets which aparently no one else has ever heard of - ( at least a-d-s quality about 10 years ago). Just bought cdt audio euro 6.5 with silk dome tweeters.
Now I have a dilemma. Love the midbass in the cdt's but the tweets are a little flat to me. Really miss the crisp highs of the mb's and canton separates! Question- has anyone out there heard a straight up comparison of the $600 pce mb quart - the cdt's euros 6.5 at 600ish and or the canton comps. Which is the best of this bunch or what is the best out there at $600 in a direct comparison with these 3 comp sets! I have seen posts with focal and dls and others - so you guys that have really compared these different brands
please give a response! Thanks!

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 40
$600 bucks??? thats way way too high for them unless you are buying from a stereo shop in your area. depending on what size you need they are around the $250 range. im not sure if this is what your looking for but heres the link to a reputable company and if you look you can probably find them cheaper elsewhere from another descent company....

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=13544

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 256
yeah those are the new MB quarts. They dont even compare to the older MB Quarts 10 years ago. I remember the cantons and they were very very nice speakers. If you could get a hold of the older canton's or mb's in great shape I would recomend them the same. You appear to have high taste for music clarity so check out Rainbow's, Dynaudios,JL XR series, Boston Pro's(my favorite),adire Koda's, and The infinity perfects are highly recomended as well by many but I dont think they would suit your needs(too bright). Hope this helps a little

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_mcfarland

Palm desert, Ca Usa

Post Number: 20
i have mb quart q series 6.5" components and they are the clearist I have ever heard. Granted they retail for about $1,300 per pair.

Silver Member
Username: Slap_johnson

Arizona

Post Number: 125
carmen,
if what your looking for is a little bit more of the "crisp" highs but you like the midbass of the cdt's i say just talk to cdt about a titanium tweeter, silk tweeters seem to come off as a softer sounding high.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us