Please give your opinions on this setup . . .

Bronze Member
Username: Bdonkersgoed

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 40
Hey Everyone!

So I get to my car ('99 Passat) last night at the train station parking lot to find that someone had broken into my car and stole ALL of my stuff!

Anyways, I am claiming on insurance and I have a limit of $1500CAN.

I used to have the following in my car:

- Alpine CDA-9835
- Alpine MRD-M301
- Alpine 10" Type R DVC

This is what I want to replace it with:

- Alpine CDA-9835 (loved this deck!)
- Alpine MRD-M501 (a little bigger)
- Alpine 10" Type X DVC

What do you guys think of this? I am worried that the 550W RMS amp may be underpowering the 1000W RMS sub. Do you think I should have a problem? Will this system sound much better or louder than my old one? With huge 15% Canadian taxes it comes to $1721CAN (including a box for the sub). This is about $1400US.

I appreciate any feedback anyone can offer :-)

Regards,
Bryan

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 106
to get the most out of that sub u should get the 1001 instead if the 501

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 106
to get the most out of that sub u should get the 1001 instead if the 501

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 42
I know I won't be getting the most out of the sub, because that takes more money :P

I would just like to know if I would get by with the 550W RMS amplifier. Due to insurance, I don't have many choices. The Type X is listed as 500 - 1000W RMS, so do you think I should be OK?

Regards,
Bryan

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 233
500 will push it, but as you already know 1000 will be better.
Have you thought about a different brand of amp?

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 247
is your insurance company just writing you a check if they are buy off of ebay and you will save a ton. If you need dealer reciepts then I dont know what to do.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 43
Yeah, I am looking on Ebay :P What sucks is that I live in Canada, and all of the car audio on Ebay is in the US (so I have to pay Canadian 15% taxes, plus about double shipping, and customs brokerage fees usually equally 10-15% as well).

Anyways, I think I can maybe get the following setup for close to $1500 (I think insurance might just write me a check for the lesser of $1500 or my replacement value). The setup is:

- Alpine CDA-9835 CD/MP3 Player
- Alpine SWX-1042D Type X Subwoofer
- Alpine MRD-M1001 1000W Amplifier

I think this system should work really good for me :-) Has anyone ever heard what 1000W going to a single 10" Type X sounds like?

Also, I just like my Alpine stuff. It has always been so reliable for me, and great quality, so I have become kind of "brand loyal". I am open to suggestions, but like I said, I have had positive experiences with Alpine.

Regards,
Bryan

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 164
Oh course I am going to agree with your setup! Im an Alpine fan!!! I wanted the Type X but couldnt afford it at the time! Still love my three 12in Type R's tough!

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 39
bryan im in NY about 1 hour away from the 1000 islands bridge. if ya wanted to maybe we could work something out so where you didnt have to pay all the taxes, all you had to do was meet me at the border. just an idea.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 176
Or if you live near WA I would help ya out!

Anonymous

Sounds like a setup, make sure tou got some kind of protection on you, lol

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 46
Thanks for the offer Rob, but it wouldn't really save me that much money. It would still cost me $55CAN in gas, wear-and-tear on my car, 6 hours worth of driving, and I will still have to pay Ebay shipping within the States. It would be about the same price for me either way. The seller is going to list the package value as cheap to save me on taxes and duties.

Once again though, I appreciate your kind gesture :-)

Regards,
Bryan

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 498
i live in new mexico its a much shorter drive from new york.lol:-) everything sounds good. eventhough im not a big fan of there amps it seems that they heat up kind of fast.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 56
Hehehehe :P

I have had alpine amp in the past and have never had a heating issue. Don't the new AccuClass Ds give off less heat anyways?

Regards,
Bryan
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us