Glasswolf..a lil help please....

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 21
http://www.4alterstart.com/pages/store/skudetail.nhtml?profile=highoutputalterna tors&uid=10458&returnURL=http%3A//www.4alterstart.com/highoutputalternators

will that work if im running 2 12" alpine type r(1241d), 2 mrd m501, type r components, MB Quart DKE 116, and a MRV F340. will that be big enough for what i need? it says its capable to handle a 2500watt stereo but i just wanna make sure. thanks

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 234
that alternator is not capable of running 2500 watts even at peak power. The way you get amps is watts/12 so if you do 2500/12 you get about 208.3 and that alt is only 180amp so that should answer your ?. Will it do it I bet it will because you wont be pushing 2500 watts but what you have to put into play is your headlights,auxillary lights if you have any,your power windows if you have them,radio,ect....

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 226
For what you're running, it's plenty.

Bronze Member

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 28
longo....i think you read it wrong...im only going to be running 14-1500. and thanks jake i think ill pick that up.

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 248
alright your right I did read it wrog I thought you were going to be running 2500 I am not to familiar with the power of those amps or at what impedince you would be running them at so for 1500 watts you will be running 125 that should be more than fine for you sorry for the mix up bro.
James

Bronze Member

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 29
no problem, its late up here in the east lol...and ya probably got a nice buzz goin to and your reading was off lol...thanks for the reply.

Bronze Member

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 31
hey longo...do i need a new battery too?...i was gonna get the yellow top but i didnt know which one cause they have a bunch of different ones. someone also referred to the blue tops. whats the difference and which one should i get?

Bronze Member
Username: Rick_mcfarland

Palm desert, Ca Usa

Post Number: 18
get the yellow top it's the best one.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 168
Optima Yellow Top. You can buy it on woofersetc.com

Bronze Member

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 37
which one though? theres a few different ones...like i think its the 34/78 and a 56 or something...which one do i need?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1028
also look into batcap batteries if you want even more reserve but that would be extreme. Added benefit is you dont need a cap or battery isolator. Last i looked they were like 130 bucks shipped on ebay and that thing was good for up to a 300 amp draw for 3-5 seconds and the battery is very compact and sealed. ps..they also make a car underhood battery too (pretty sure anyway)

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 251
hey Rob thats exactly the one I was going to tell you to get. The d-34/78 its a great battery for your application will run very well and last you a long long time plus the main thing I like about it is the cold cranking amps for these -5 degree mornings like this one.
James

Silver Member

Ct

Post Number: 252
I dont know how much you found it for but here is $159 w/free shipping http://www.blackjackmotorsports.com/cat_optima.cfm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us