Please help ASAP !!!!

Username: Thugshizz

Long Beach, California

Post Number: 3
I just bought a single fockford punch 3 12' sub rated at 500 rms . WHich type of box would be best for this sub? sealed , ported , or bandpass should I get that would produce the deepest loudest bass ? I have a 95 hatchback Integra. I dont know much about box types so please help. (I'm planning on buying the box not building it )

Bronze Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 42
You should have got a paper with all that on it in the box. This is what I found.
12" Punch Stage 3, DVC subwoofer optimized for sealed and vented enclosures, 500 watts RMS 1000 watts peak. Mounting depth 6.3". Hopeful someone will know more.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 241
depends on how you like your music. i personally like a sealed box as opposed to vented. vented is louder, but sealed sounds better. (to me)

Bronze Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 43
ithink you should go with sealed, it will play more tones unless you like it to sound somewhat "monotone"

Bronze Member
Username: Kenny_hammond

Post Number: 25
dude u will be disapointed if u think that rockford fosgate will pound because they suck i had 2 12's and they wouldnt hit at all

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 239
I wouldnt say that. RF isnt the best but they do make a decent product. I have had expierence with these subs and they played pretty loud and for a long time doing it. They arnt the best SQ subs but play loud is something that RF's are good for.

Long Beach, California

Post Number: 4
I know there are much better subs out there but I only paid $100 bucks cash for a brand new one, and besides its only for everyday driving .

Username: Rick_mcfarland

Palm desert, Ca Usa

Post Number: 3
Lucas is right. Sealed will sound better but ported will be louder. It all depends on your preference. i would go with the sealed myself.

Silver Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 241
yeah man its a good deal! RF's play loud for the price.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3077
Sealed won't necessarily sound better. It's all in what you like. People tend to get the misconception that sealed=tight and ported=sloppy. That isn't the case, unless you're talking about the typical small volume, high tuned prefab ported box you'd buy at Best Buy, etc. Sealed excels in transient response and group delay figures. That's the difference, and below certain levels a difference in group delay and response time is inaudible. Many subs are optimized for ported enclosures, and others for sealed. If there were a best box for SQ, every IASCA competitor and other enthusiasts would all be using the same box. After all, if ported were inferior, they wouldn't use them, remember competitors fight for every little point they can have. There is no free lunch in car audio. You have to weigh out your options and choose based on what you like. Custom ported boxes built to the correct size and tuning frequency will give fantastic sound quality, and will be louder and be much more authoritative down low. They also have lower distortion than a sealed box, especially at high volume levels. That doesn't make them better than sealed, but it could quite possibly be better for you, or any other person out there.

Long Beach, California

Post Number: 5
They're a major upgrade from my first 12's pioneer I bought at walmart a year ago.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us