Type X Box question

alpinex1426
Unregistered guest
I am getting one 12" type X with a alpine m1001 to power it and as for the head unit, its the alpine 9830 so i can tune the eq at my finger tips.

The question is should i get hifi buys... a authorized alpine and JL dealer to build me a box specific for 175... already heard it.. it sounds good... or shouldi get my local car stereo store to build me one with the dimensions and ideal cubic feet... p.s. its gunna be a ported slot box.
any suggestions about any boxes for the type X would be greatly appreciated, thanks- Brett

Anonymous

well,

if you are any good at wood working, it would only cost u a max of $60 to build the box yourself.

a sheet of 3/4" MDF is like $15-20 and you could buy like $5 worth of screws, $5 in liquid nails, $5 in chalk, $5 in glue, and $15 in box-carpet.

personnaly i would build a box...but if you dont have a table saw that you could use, you might as well get them to build it for you.

A.C.
Unregistered guest
well,

i dont believe that it costs 60$ to build a box. i personally biuld them all the time and the price never goes higher than 30$, but like Anonymous said if you dont already have a table saw you are better off just going out and buying your own box (that is in less you can find a really really cheap table saw.)

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 198
skill saw or jigsaw will work fine to
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us