Where is the bass....?

Anonymous

I recently just got 2 JL Audio 12" W7's powered by 2 JL Audio 500/1's. It sounds incredibly nice and hits some great bass, but I believe it could be quite a bitlouder. It is in a cadillac trunk, ported box, and powered off of the stock cd player. I am not expecting it to be extremely loud just wondering if the stock deck could be the problem? I have a pioneer premier (forget the #, like 9400 or something) that I chose not to put in cause it would look wierd compared to the way it does with the stock. There is something called "Cleansweep" or something that supposably makes stock stereos sound a lot better. If anyone has heard of that or had any experience with it that would be cool too... Thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Djr_81

New york Usa

Post Number: 17
if the amps are run off rca cables just get a line driver to up the voltage into the amps. More voltage= Cleaner + louder.

Username: Dubdw7kota

WILMINGTON, NC

Post Number: 10
them 2 12 w7s should not disappoint u, im running 2 10w7s in sealed enclosures on 2 500/1s and im far from disappointed... im usinh a pioneer 3500 deck... but recently bought an eclipse 8053 deck, now i need a 300/4 due to the 8-volt pre-outs :-)... but i know my gf has a stock cd player and we had the same setup once and mine would destroy hers... so0o... i dunno bro im no expert but them 12s should not b quiet, especially ported imho...

Bronze Member
Username: Kickercomp

Tampa, FL USA

Post Number: 66
u need more voltage to the amps

a line driver would help and also put the pioneer in and it may look ugly but would sound better deffinately.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us