Choosing an amp.

Username: Roseraven

Post Number: 1
I just got two 12" Duals and have no idea what kind of amp to get. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Bronze Member
Username: Marley289

Post Number: 23
if they are dual 4 ohm subs get a 1 ohm stable, mono amp.
here's a picture of how to wire them. use option 1

Upload

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
as for brand i dunno what is good and whats not, you'll have to ask someone else. put the specs of your subs up that way someone will have a specific idea of what you should get

Unregistered guest
I have a Dual XAF460 Amp, 460 watt peak, 230 x 2 channels, RMS power per channel @ 2 ohm is 115w x 2.... my question(s) is/are is this amp worth using? is it good? IF it is, what's a good combination to use with it... im not very experienced with systems... i could use some input! thanks for your help.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 232
never heard of that amp, but it says 115W RMS (continuous) x 2 @ 2 ohms. so you would get the most power out of it @ 2 ohm stereo.

ravenephialtes
Unregistered guest
i am looking at a mtx T8154A sub. 15 in. 4 ohm. 1000 watt peak. RMS power handling is 500. what attributes would i need in an amplifier for this sub? and is that sub any good? worth buying?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 33
if you buy taht, i would reccomend the mtx 421d, it is a good amp from what i hear. its cheap too, the price used to be $239 and now this year, its at $179...cheap!

http://www.cardomain.com/item/MTX421D
if you get this amp, get the sub that has dual voice coils instead of a single 4 ohm, then buy this amp and wire it at 2 ohms

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
dual 4 ohm voice coils*

Unregistered guest
i currently am running 2 aw1251t dvc 400w 12's and a fosgate 900 amp idk specs off the top, anyways im looking for a little help. im looking at upgrading to the alum12q dvc 12,s 1,000w ea. and im kinda stuck on what amp i should go with, id like to stick to audiobahn, and a box design, i currently have 2 different boxes one is a sealed box and i just bought a bandpass with 4 ports, im looking at doing some competition this summer so im looking for the most bang for my buck:-) thanks for the help

ravenephialtes
Unregistered guest
hey again, i have a quick ? for you all... what would be better...MTX T8000 Tripple 12",which equals out to 1200 watts RMS, or single T9500 12", which equals out to 1000 watts RMS??? but i cant get the T9500 for like 50 bucks cheaper than the T8000. The 9500 is in a home made box...and the 8000 is in a professionally made one.??? help.... i cant deside which one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
id say get the 8000 cuz it may not seem like an issue but the profesionally made boxes are better. thats my opinion tho but then again the 9500 is cheaper and probably better. both are good so you decide, its your system.

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 247
can i buy the 9500 if you dont

ravenephialtes
Unregistered guest
not unless you live in wisconsin, because its from a friend that i know...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
where in wisconsin does ur friend live, i live in wisconsin id be interested in buyin it if its at the right price

ravenephialtes
Unregistered guest
Near fond du lac...place called sheboygan....he's asking 325 for it and its in a home made box. theres nothing wrong with it...its practicly new... he just needs to pay some bills off, thats why he's selling it.

ravenephialtes
Unregistered guest
Near fond du lac...place called sheboygan....he's asking 325 for it and its in a home made box. theres nothing wrong with it...its practicly new... he just needs to pay some bills off, thats why he's selling it... but if anyone could tell me what is better... 3 12" T8000's or 1 12" T9500...??? i really need help with this one... there both really nice sounding.

ravenephialtes
Unregistered guest
i know i have a lot of questions but i guess thats what this forum is for now, eh?.... i would like anyones opinion on amplifiers.... what brands should i stay away from...what brands are worth getting for the T9500? or the T8000? keep in mind that money is a little scarce for me right now...

ravenephialtes
Unregistered guest
what do you people think of sony amps? waste of money or what?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 1246
Stay away from Sony, Pyramid, Pyle, Lanzar, and few other no name brands.
If you want an amp that'll perform without dying out, try Zapco C2K 6, Zapco Reference 750, Zapco Studio 500, Orion HCCA series, Orion SX series, PPI PCX series, PPI Art series, JL, JBL, US Amps(expensive), Xtant, Diamond Audio, Audiobahn HCT series, Audiobahn A8000T/8002T, MTX, RF (old amps), Kicker.

ravenephialtes
Unregistered guest
kool, that helps alot...thanks

Username: Spcmoss

Post Number: 4
?????? i have 4 mtx 6000 and im wondering what amp to get ...im looking at the boss pd4000 ...i know people talk a lot of sh$$ on boss but i had a boss w775 thats the war series and it pounded 3 15 s ........please only comment on the amp if u have one or know some thing about it ....also if u can think of a better amp for the job for 300 $ please let me know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us