Curious of your thoughts... stuck on which to get... help would be appreciated!

Bronze Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 39
okay i want to get a loan to buy the rest of my system... i already have JL VR highs and a 300/4... for the subs and amps im not too sure what i want... im almost sure the subs are going to be JL or RE ... i dont know how i want to put them together tho.. heres a couple of ideas....

2 13W7s with 2 1000/1

3 12W7s with 3 500/1

2 12 X.X.X with 2 1000/1

2 15 X.X.X with 2 1000/1

3 13w6v2 with 3 500/1

okay and what im looking for is what is best in a sealed box because im not to sure how to go about tuning a ported box and im making it fiberglass most likely so i cant just test it 5 different times... i want it to be extremely loud but im sure all of them will be... but im not sure what im looking at a range from lowest to highest SPL capability of those setups. and i want them to sound realy good also.. im sure the 2 15 x.x.x setup will be the loudest... also i want to install these and never have to worry about them braking... whats the best chance to avoid that?

Truck is an escalade... the entire truck will have sound deadener. also other ideas are welcome...

Anonymous

the x.x.x. and 2 1000/1 combo would be unreal.

as for tuning the box, get winISD and mess around w/ it. that will really help you design a good box.

Anonymous

the x.x.x. and 2 1000/1 combo would be unreal.

as for tuning the box, get winISD and mess around w/ it. that will really help you design a good box.

Bronze Member
Username: Rhassler

Post Number: 48
2 12" x.x.x. with 2 orion 2500D or 2 orion 1200D

more power from those amps, and cheaper than jl audio 1000/1!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
2 15" i meant

Bronze Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 40
thanks for your opinion but i have to get JL amps to match my JL amp that i already have....

anon... where can i get winlSD and for how much?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
http://www.linearteam.dk/ free!

Anonymous

where can i go to see the orion amps i was told to get some also cause i was thinking about getting 2 15 x,x,x or 2 18 x,x,x witch do you think would hit harder and witch amp for each sub thanks for the help in advance

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductList.aspx?CategoryID=1&Manufactur erID=626 they have them there.

The 2 18 x.x.x. will prob hit harder. as for the orion amps the Orion 2500D puts out 1 X 1200 @ 4 Ohm ...1 X 1700 @ 2 Ohm ....1 X 2500 @ 1 Ohm check out some other amps there too, not bad prices and free shipping.

Anonymous

ok witch amp would any of you guys use if i got 2 18" x,x,x i want 2 amps one for each sub so have at it and please give any ideas that would be a good match
thanks

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
well the rms on that sub is 1600 watts, get the dual 4-ohm 18" x.x.x. subs, you could get an orion 2400D amp for each sub, wire the amp to sub parallel resulting in a 2 ohm load each. this gives each sub 1700 watts rms. im pretty sure the subs could take it. There are also other good amps out there try looking around a little before you buy....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
well the rms on that sub is 1600 watts, get the dual 4-ohm 18" x.x.x. subs, you could get an orion 2400D amp for each sub, wire the amp to sub parallel resulting in a 2 ohm load each. this gives each sub 1700 watts rms. im pretty sure the subs could take it. There are also other good amps out there try looking around a little before you buy.

Anonymous

that sounds nice. i was also thinking about getting 2 hifonics 1800.1 at 1 ohm what do you think about them? thanks again

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
ive never used hifonics, but ive heard mixed results from their products. i would go with something else.

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 468
the rms on those subs is thermal, so i would run it a little lower somewhere between 900 and 1300 watts and it will be okay
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us