I have a bp1200.1, what sub should i get??? glass, john, anyone!!!

im_subless
Unregistered guest
hi,

i search all over the place to find a good budget amp and i found the jbl bp1200.1. you guys said it was good so i got one.

the problem is that i dont know that sub to get. i dont wanna spend over $300 on a sub. i was thinking about an RE SX 12". is this a good daily-drive/local comp sub?

i ran the sub in winISD and i can get i up to like 127.5dB in a 2cu ft box tuned bout 50hz. would i see good results out of a box like this?

Bronze Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 87
what is the rms on that amp?

Bronze Member
Username: Superchevy

Post Number: 20
really dont know what to tell you about what subs to get but anyways, where did you get your amp at and how much was it?

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 88
http://search.ebay.ca/jbl-bp1200-1_W0QQmaxrecordsreturnedZ300QQsatitleZjblQ20bp1 200Q2e1QQsorecordsperpageZ50
u can get one here...76$

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 455
yeah get the sx. it is a great sub and will give some sq and a good amount of spl. that amp is 1200 watts at 1 ohm i believe. so it will work good.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 89
for im_subless...
if i were u i would go with either a 12 inch dreadnaut-mmats...1000watts rms($378 on ebay)
alittle over budget but well worth it...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803%26item%3D5745981724 %26
or
12inch mmats juggernaut(1400 watts rms)
great f^cking sub...$428.88(but in the end u will thank urself for spending that extra aprox
$150....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803%26item%3D5745981724 %26
or if not take a look @ ebay.com and search mmats theyre are a few good subs for great prices...killer44...

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 456
oops i meant at 2 ohms:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 24
ok well i have owned 2 Bp1200.1's i really like the amp alot a word of the wise if u run the amp at 1 ohm i caution u greatly it puts out about 1600 watts according to how many fuses are on it and if it is ran at 14.7 volts now if u were to run it at 13.8 it would put out roughly 1500 watts basically what i am trying to say it is not very stable when ran at 1 ohm when u are adjusting the gain there is a dot to the left and right do not move the gain past those dots or u will get so much distortion i have blown 5 subs with that amp and cooked 2 when setting the gains keep they very low b/c techniquely if u hook up everything right u should have to turn the gain up far if u set ur levels at ur head unit and u should be fine if u do it that way i ran two of the in my car one to each pioneer primier spl 2000 it pounded i will keep u informed if u tell me what kind of subs u run like i have two American Bass VFL 's they are competition subs literally competition subs and they would be able to handle the distortion but ur average sub cannot visit www.AMericanBassUSA.com u will see my subs i have 2 12" i am running a crossfire 2000D now instead of the two BP 1200.1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
ok well i have owned 2 Bp1200.1's i really like the amp alot a word of the wise if u run the amp at 1 ohm i caution u greatly it puts out about 1600 watts according to how many fuses are on it and if it is ran at 14.7 volts now if u were to run it at 13.8 it would put out roughly 1500 watts basically what i am trying to say it is not very stable when ran at 1 ohm when u are adjusting the gain there is a dot to the left and right do not move the gain past those dots or u will get so much distortion i have blown 5 subs with that amp and cooked 2 when setting the gains keep them very low b/c techniquely if u hook up everything right u shouldn't have to turn the gain up far if u set ur levels at ur head unit and u should be fine if u do it that way i ran two of them in my car one to each pioneer primier spl 2000 it pounded i will keep u informed if u tell me what kind of subs u run like i have two American Bass VFL 's they are competition subs literally competition subs and they would be able to handle the distortion but ur average sub cannot visit www.AMericanBassUSA.com u will see my subs i have 2 12" i am running a crossfire 2000D now instead of the two BP 1200.1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
well i really hope u just did not buy that bp 1200.1 off the link in this forum b/c it was so beat up but i would like to know what u kind of sound and how loud of a system do u want SPL or SQ 130 db or 140 or 15db

im_subless
Unregistered guest
i am looking to top 142dB. (legal)
my last system did 137dB. (legal w/ the bp1200.1)

i am gonna build a box w/ an interchangable port.

im_subless
Unregistered guest
i am looking to top 142dB. (legal)
my last system did 137dB. (legal w/ the bp1200.1)

i am gonna build a box w/ an interchangable port.

im_subless
Unregistered guest
i want to top 142dB (legal on TL sensor).
i have used to bp1200.1 in my last system and i hit 137dB legal w/ TL.

i am gonna build a box bout 2 to 3cuft w/ an interchangable port.

as for the amp that is on ebay...its no mine. i bout mine from cardomain.com when they did the factory refurb buy-out. ($200)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
nice buy well with just that amp it is hard to suggest a good subs to run with that amp but after talking to my friend to day i suggest the alpine type x's i am going to get a set of them soon the more u spend for a sub like that the less air space u need they run a little bit over 300 a piece but as far as the amp goes it should be able to push them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us