A Couple of Online Companies to Avoid

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 133
Just thought I would pass on a couple of BAD expeiences with two recent online orders.

First, bigdogaudio.com I ordered a sub box on Jan 1. I got an order confirmation from them and of course they charged my credit card right away. That is the last I have heard from them. I e mailed them twice with no response. No telephone number listed on the web site or on my credit card statement. Now Jan 21 and no sub box.

2nd company: cbrstereo.com. I found out this is one and the same as indoaudio who also has a site and does a lot of stuff on eBay. Ordered an Orion 10 inch 2 ohm dual VC sub. Heck of a good price. Shipping was kind of slow (took about a week and a half to get) but the sub looked good, then I noticed they had sent me a dual 4 ohm instead of the 2 ohm. I emailed them and they said they would send me a return ship label. That has been about three weeks now. They first sent the ship label to the wrong address and now are sending another one. They refused to ship out my replacement, even though they still had my credit card info, until they get the one back. Taking their sweet time about the whole thing. E mails take about a day to get a response back and they are short and vauge. They do not have a phone listed on their web site cbrstereo.com but there was a phone number listed on my credit card statement. I called it and it is answered as indoaudio. They have an answering machine answer the phone no matter when you call, and it does not take messages, it directs you to their web site, so in other words, you can't call them, you have to email back and forth with a day or more in between responses.

Just thought I would pass this on to others, I would avoid these two places if you are thinking about buying subs or boxes online.

Ralpskie
Unregistered guest
dont go to pimpersparadise.com either.

ampless
Unregistered guest
ohh.. and i was looking at indoaudio on ebay for some amps too.. same company huh..Are they bad?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 175
That's why I try not to buy from a company who doesn't list a phone number!
Sorry about the ripoff, hope you git your stuff!

Username: Stjohnboy0000

Post Number: 10
i've only had one experience with indoaudio, but it was fine, ordered a s15l7, got it in about 5 days.

Anonymous

I was just looking at IndoAudio on Ebay. They have a great rating(99%), but something looked odd. So I looked at the numbers. They do about 1500-1600 sales per month with about 17 negatives and 36 neutrals per month. This last month, they went over 1800, but had 41 negatives and 54 neutrals.

So they more than doubled their unhappy customers, but that's only a little over 2% of their business.

I do not like the fact that they don't answer the phone.

Anonymous

i ordered an alpine9831 from them, they said they shipped it out in the 19th, so we'll see when i get it

Silver Member
Username: Tafkam

Texas

Post Number: 134
Just an update, yesterday I did get my return shipping label from cbrstereo ( or indoaudio, whatever you want to call them) and Fedex is picking up on Monday. Then of course I have to wait for them to get it and wait once again to have the correct sub shipped to me. I hope they ship the right one. Again, the sub is a great deal price wise and will probably be worth the hassle in the long run. As long as they ship me the right one this time and it is new I will be happy but won't be ordering from them again. They did not send me my label Priority mail so I would get it faster as promised, they just stuck it in a regular envelope. I asked them to send the replacement 2nd day Fedex but I bet they will just send it ground. But hopefully everything will work out.

As far as Bigdogaudio goes, still no box as of today (Jan 22) and I ordered it on Jan 1. No contact from them, no responses to my e mails either.

Username: Stylnul

Victorville, CA US

Post Number: 6
i just bought a pair of infinity reference subs 12" from indoaudio, my experience was good. i bought the pair on a tuesday and received themn on thuirsday, so i dont think theyre a ripoff

Bronze Member
Username: Shouder

Wisconsin

Post Number: 89
i recomend staying away from anyplace that you dont actually buy the product, but recieve it as a gift by buying so much money worth of ebooks. suchas rimsandmore4less.com or myhomeelectronics.com ive gotten taken by them before and you guys don't need to be. Also If your looking on ebay stay away from those people that are selling INFO to another site to get the stuff for cheap. They are only selling the links to the sites like those i mentioned. Trust me if they really worked i wouldn't just give away the links for free. I actually paid for them when i was much less educated.

Razali
Unregistered guest
which site would u guys recommend for ppl outside the US?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us