1 brand

Silver Member
Username: Decde

Canada

Post Number: 309
If i were only to use 1 brand in my car, all pioneer, all fosgate... What brand should it be? I'm asking because i can get some good discounts if i buy everything from 1 brand. What brand should i buy?

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 849
Alpine....or eclipse...either or...the eclipse would cost a fair amount more...but if your on a budget, go alpine...if a larger budget is available go eclipse...if little to no budget is available...go pyle...i suggest not having a radio of putting pyle car audio in your car...

Bronze Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky Usa

Post Number: 76
yea go eclipse...they make it all.,.check there stuff out...www.eclipse-web.com....its good stuff...and that would be awesome to have a full car of just that...i wish i could...how you get discounts?

Silver Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 154
Ya, I would have to agree... Eclipse all the way would be nice!

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7439
yup I'd go all Eclipse, then probably all Apline.
either would be good depending on the level of gear you get.
at the top end, Alpine has amazing gear like the 7990 head unit and their optical digital signal processing. Eclipse has great head units, amps, speakers, and subs.. so either way you'd have a good system if you buy the right stuff.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 192
Apline?
You mean Alpine?
Sorry Glass just had to do that! Everyone jump's me for my spelling... so I did it:-)
You would rank Alpine higher than Jl?

Bronze Member
Username: Killer44

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 80
taylor17- glasswolf is giving suggestions for a complete system(hu,components,amps,subs)
to my knowledge ive never heard of a head unit from jl....so i thinks thats y hes puttin them(alpine) above jl...

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 451
well jl doesnt make head units i believe so they are out of the running. there are not too many companies that make everything car audio. rf,blaupunkt, alpine, pioneer,eclipse,sony:-) ,i cant think of anymore, well jvc, jenson, kenwood, all lower end stuff

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 81
ya but i dont think glass wanted to suggest anything crappy to someone...the only one from the ones u jsut mentioned i would use would be blaupunkt,alpine,eclipse and maybe pioneer(but only on a tight budget...)

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 194
True, i wasn't sure if Jl made hu's, or not. I knew they made amps, subs, and I think they make speaker's don't they?

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 18
All alpine would be nice and if u had the type x subs that would pound

Bronze Member
Username: Americanbass

Post Number: 19
if u had all alpine that would be nice but make sure u get type x subs

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 84
yep jl makes speakers...
http://jlaudio.com/evolution/index.html

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 196
Wonder when they will make hu's? Is that the only thing they are missing

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 453
oh i know, but i was just stating that there arent that many cos that produce everything.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 197
Justin, sound's like the only brand you like is Alpine!
Don't take me rong, Alpine is a grate brand, but it isn't the best all around brand, they make grate hu's, but there amp's could be a little better in my appinion.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 85
hunter warren...i was jsut posting that for taylor17 who was asking if they made speaker(jl) and i dont think thye make hu's b/c they figure there are soo many other well establoshed companies who make them that it prob isnt worth it for them....

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 458
i like how you guys use my whole name.lol. its cool. yo, tayler i love your spelling...it cracks me up, im serious. it makes me laugh, as far as alpine amps some of them are actually pretty good. the mrp series are a little underrated and put out some power. as far as the subs they make i am not a big fan. hu, yes very good.

Bronze Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 92
ya i never really liked alpines subs jsut thought of them as really a hu company...nothin really more than that...

Anonymous

killer wut are you talking about

"ya but i dont think glass wanted to suggest anything crappy to someone...the only one from the ones u jsut mentioned i would use would be blaupunkt,alpine,eclipse and maybe pioneer(but only on a tight budget...)"

And then you said you dont like alpines subs.??

You have a blaupunkt hu,and your using power acoustic amps and sub,some ppl might not like alpines subs or amps but im sure everyone will agree that they are WAYYY better than power acoustic.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 148
I have three 1241-d Type R's in the back of my durango... Wouldnt trade it for anything... But the type x's... They sound great! Just under powered right now... Trying to find a place around here that sells the amp I want.

Bronze Member
Username: Rob315

Syracuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 17
what amp do you want? what amp are you using now? ive got 2 12" type r 1241d's and 2 mrd m501's but they arent hooked up yet so i dont know how they sound lol.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Post Number: 154
I want the Mrd m1000. I am using a crappy RF amp... Pushing about half the rms I need... Maybe a lil bit more.

Silver Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 218
Hunter, thank's for the spelling complement:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us