2 8' and 1 12' sub in civic

Username: Maxxin88

Post Number: 4
hi everyone i was wondering if it would sound good if i put 1 12' sub and 2 8' subs in the trunk of my civic? i already have the subs and was just wondering if it would sound good before i made the boxes for it.

Rob315
Unregistered guest
put the 12" in the trunk and make kick panels for the 8's. what kind are they? what amps do you have?what do you drive?

Post Number: 5
how would i put the 8' in thekick panel

Bronze Member
Username: Jesuspunk25

Post Number: 24
"what do you drive" lol ...looks at topic title.

Rob315
Unregistered guest
q forms kick panels....google it and find them for your car. id also recommend replacing your door speakers with mid bass drivers.

Bronze Member
Username: Loudnobnoxious

Post Number: 82
Q Forms makes a kick panel for an 8" woofer?

and NO, don't use the 8's with the 12's.

tell us who makes the woofers and we'll tell you what's goin on.

Post Number: 6
the 8's are jl 8w0 and the 12 is a mtx blue thunder nothing special

Post Number: 7
qlogic doesnt make a 8' kick panel it only fits up to 6 1/8 components it is a 1995 honda civic coupe

Post Number: 8
can anyone help me

Silver Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 857
go with the 8"s in your trunk...

Rob315
Unregistered guest
oh my bad. totally forgot you said 8's when i posted that. but you could make your own kick panels. and why not use the 8's in front and the 12" in the trunk? dont go jumpin on me just wondering why.

Post Number: 9
i wasnot jumping on you rob.i was thinking of making a box with the 2 8's on the outside on an angle facing in and the 12 in the middle pointing straight out. i think that will look pretty nice. i was just wondering if it would sound good.if i was good with all this stuff i probably would make my own kick panel enclosures but, i am not. my uncle is going to make the box for me. thanks for the help everyone

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3043
8s aren't going to fit in a Honda Civic anywhere but the trunk and maybe the package tray. You may be able to rig them up in the doors, but you'd encounter window clearance issues etc since the doors are really skinny. I'd hate to have to sit in a Civic with 8s in kick panels honestly, they're small enough as it is, 6.5"s in Honda Civic kicks are bad enough. If you're 5' flat I guess it would be a different story. The 12 would drown out the 8s, they really wouldn't show a lot of benefit besides a minor SPL increase. IMO not worth it, I'd try to sell the stuff and get one better 12" or something before I put effort into a box for the 2 8s and the 12".

Post Number: 10
hey thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us