What amp for alpine or shiva?

Bronze Member
Username: Tips

Post Number: 34
what kind of amp would i need for an alpine 12" type r? 12" adire shiva? what would you recommend?

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 129
i dont know the rms of the shiva
u could use an Alpine Mrd m301 = 350w rms 14.4 volts
or Mrd m501 550w rms at 14.4

these are just Alpines there many are amps out there for cheaper however

Silver Member
Username: Deathshadow

Post Number: 388
I have the MRD-M501 V12 - great amp!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
does it make a big difference in considering amp brand as long as the rms output is the same? will the sq be lower in a cheaper brand?

shiva - 650w rms
what amp would i use to power 2 shivas? one shiva?

what about buying one shiva, connecting it to an amp, and then buying another shiva later...? i kno that connection only one shiva isnt that great because its dual 8. but wont in the long run 2 shivas be better than 2 type r's?

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 139
dual 8 ohm? wtf
are u sure?

cant tell u which would be better i havent used shivas . all il say is im happy with the way my type R's sound.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
"the shiv[a] has dual 8 ohm coils, that could be a problem. maybe adire will have them with dual 4 ohm coils some day." -Hunter Warren

from one of my other forums....
how do you think one type r would sound?

Silver Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 393
thats me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 394
The Shiva Mark IV subwoofer is here!
This is our take on what a 12" subwoofer should be: stiff Kevlar impregnated cone, massive Xmax, dual 8 ohm voice coils, huge power handling, and the ability to get down and rumble in a wide variety of enclosures. Remember, as far as deep bass goes, it's all about moving air, and moving LOTS of it.

(Available with or without the Adire Audio logo dustcap)
quote from adireaudio.com
they some of the best costumer service ever.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
lol, yea thatz you.

does it make a big difference in considering amp brand as long as the rms output is the same? will the sq be lower in a cheaper brand?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
or spl (i know what that is now!) ?

Silver Member

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 146
the sq will likely be worse generally the worse the amp u get the less tuning ability and lower grade materials its made of

Silver Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 397
i think so....a cheaper amp will have a hard time putting out clean undistorted power as opposed to a higher end amp that will have no problem putting out clean power at say 600 watts rms. a good amp will easily give you clean 600 watts rms and a cheaper amp will give you 600 watts with distotion. that works with sq and spl

Bronze Member

Post Number: 54
if the alpine type x is 4x4ohm, and i get a 300rms @4 ohms mono amp, the sub will get 300 rms. when i add another 4x4ohm subwoofer, then the amp will supply 600rms @2ohms, which equals out to 300rms to each sub.

if the alpine type x is 2x2 ohms, then i only have to get a 300rms @2Ohm to get the same result as above. and when i had another 2x2ohms sub, it becomse 600rms @2ohms, giving each sub 300watts @1 ohm.

does any of what i just said make any sense at all... or am i way off?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us