Thump any Good?

Anonymous

I just bought a new 10" 200w Thump sub for $250. Did I get a good deal? The guy from Future shop said its worth atleast double that.

Bronze Member
Username: Bass_lover

Post Number: 13
well dont ask us, ask yourself

Bronze Member
Username: Hiphopanonymous

Post Number: 11
hehe... that's funny, i like that.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
well i know there is a real difference between how a quality made subwoofer is made and then how something like "thump" is made and yes it is a subwoofer and if you put it in a box it will work and make bass but to be quite honest its not worth double that price and closer to 1/8th of what you paid maybe in the 30-40 dollar range. atleast at the prices i can buy them for and resell them (i dont deal with that line but if i ever did i can sell it for under 30 and still make a profit) i dont like to make product recommendations but i hate to see someone taken advantage of and sounds like they have no trouble what so ever lying to a customer and it looks like they are using about 800% mark up and that is ridiculous and way beyond price gouging.
i would definitly find a new place to shop especially where someone will not lie to you and you could have gotten a really good sub with some money left over.
i hope maybe you can get a refund but im sorry 250 is well thats just not right.
if there arent many other places to shop near you then you can try some place like www.crutchfield.com online and they sometimes have some really great deals and for the most part in general they always carry a good line of reputable products and great customer service.
they dont have the lowest price your ever gonna find but it also not gonna be with something near the 800% markup over wholesale either.
most stores of any type typicaly use a standard but unspoken 300% mark up to which you can play with prices and offer a half off sale or a clearance and still make a small profit and until walmart came along and broke that barrier but going with something in the 150% mark up range.
but i can promise this any thump sub for 250 is being marked up at a highly over inflated percentage.
if you have to pay more than 100 for:
legacy
lanzar
power acoustik
pyramid
pyle
thump
boss
volfenhag
baha
jensen
pioneer
and a few other companies but any of those companies with the first 5 all being the same but none of them even the best sub they make should ever cost you more than 100 they just dont make anything to justify a high price and while they may look like higher end stuff they are nothing at all like it. there are many name brand 10" subs you can get all day long online or circuit city or best buy cheaper than 250.
pretty much what im saying is if you got it at a fair price then id say if it sounds good then great but in this case nobody should ever do what some salesman did to you and then try to lie and say its really a 500 subwoofer.
i need to find a stopping point because this is enough to piss me off and i know theres a few people who shouldnt be in the audio business.

Anonymous

I was wondering if you have a life or you just enjoy wasting your time explaining the differences between a $10 sub and a $250 sub. Oh, btw a brought the subwoofer back and traded it for a 8w7 (JL audio, I think?). Does anyone know how to put it in? I can't seem to find the screw holes so I cut the foam ring off around the sub and found them. Who says JL audio sounds better than Thump?

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
what life? i got no life!! im in the dark here!!
heh i always wanted to use that line but while i do off on a tangent more times than not but youd be suprised on who needs or would and should like to know the difference between a 10 sub and a 250 sub and im sure it only matters one way because whod complain if they got a 250 sub for 10 right?
yeah you have a jl sub by that number and hmm i hope you didnt cut the wide "doughnut" surround from the speaker??

Anonymous

I thought that was what you're supposed to do.

jay amaro
Unregistered guest
no and now im afraid at this point even a thump would sound better than the jl.
you may be able to get it repaired under the factory warranty or maybe jl can fix it but you couldnt possibly be getting much bass or sound without a surround on it.
the jl uses a metal outer ring that holds the outside edge of the surround to the basket, you snap that ring off to get access to the mounting flange the wide surround is very necessary and actually though i am sure this is not unheard of to jl so i guess give them a call but if you cut it and got to the flange to screw it it then it is most definitly ruined and will need a new surround.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 135
just to say the least, your either BSing or completely the stupidest person ive ever heard of...

my senses tell me BS post so any admins out there delete this post please nobody can be this stupid..lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
ok after re-reading this, this guy is bsing all of it nobody else waste their time here....

anon is just a little kid with a computer thinking its funny to make you spend ur time here and then call you a geek for knowing so much about car audio

just go away anon...

Anonymous

Judging from the time between your two posts it seems that you may be stupider than I am.

Silver Member

Post Number: 138
lol.....thats all i have to say
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us